promises

Afterward, as the plane was up and running and there wasn't any other reason that I could find to stall the conversation I got everyone's attention.
Seeing their excited faces and them having no idea what I was about to say made me really sad. Especially liss and Chris, I had experienced their love very closely... a little too closely for my personal comfort at some points but still, I knew how much they cared for each other, and seeing that and knowing what Tatiana was planning just made me sick to my stomach.
And not to mention I have to keep my promise to lissa.
With a heavy sigh I started "okay, so as you all know, there are a few things that I lied to you all about..." this got everyone's attention pretty quickly.
They were still in a joking mood so Chris said "a few"
And Eddie followed it up with "no kidding" I didn't appreciate their sarcasm right now. It was difficult for me to tell Chris this, he had been so insecure about not being the perfect royal boyfriend with power that lissa needed in his and some other royals' twisted heads.

"Very funny. Shut up.
Okay so, lissa you made me promise that I would tell you and everyone the truth, so here goes. Tatiana-" seeing Ed and the other queens guard made me remember that I wasn't supposed to address her majesty like that "I mean queen Tatiana, well she didn't really call me in to praise me"

"Again, rose we know," Adrian said, sipping on his champagne.

"I mean it, Adrian, Shut up. Did you know that she's trying to get you married to lissa?!" Okay, so the calm approach didn't work out.
I shouldn't have said it like that I know but Adrian's comment had gotten the better of me when it shouldn't have.
I mentally scolded myself, thinking of a way to now approaching this topic in a more calm way when Adrian spoke again.

"What the fuck."

To be fair, that would be my reaction too.

"Look Adrian.. and Chris, I'm sorry. I just- Okay so she called me in and had a chat with me about me and lissa but mainly Adrian and me"
I felt, confusion, curiosity, and hurt flow in lissa's thoughts. She wasn't sure how to react to this.
Chris has gone very still beside her I didn't really blame him.
Though I couldn't believe it, I felt really bad for Chris. Life had really given him a rotten time and he didn't deserve the world's most powerful figure trying to stop him from seeing his girlfriend.

"The conversation was weird and went in all sort of directions" I continued when no one spoke.
"And basically, she wanted to make sure that I don't mess up again because I'm very easily replaceable and lissa needed to with respectable people. Then she went on about how she had plans for lissa, then ended up telling me that she wants you two to get married... especially since there's enough Dragomir blood in Adrian. So she would appreciate it if I didn't get in the way and date or go out with Adrien"
No one was speaking and I honestly didn't know what to do so I continued.

"I told her that you guys are dating. But she ignored it and just basically the point of the meeting was to tell me to stay away from Adrian so you could marry him. She had seen us talking after the court session... and she thought all the stories were true or some Shit, I don't know"

After a few more minutes of silence and everyone processing the information, Adrian finally spoke up.
"I'm sorry"

"What?"

"I'm sorry cousin, and Christian and I'm sorry rose"

"No Adrian, why?" I asked, confused and I could feel lissa thinking the same thing along with a small amount of anger.

"Because, my aunt, I- I should have known" at that moment the sensitivity in Adrian's eyes made me wanna give him a hug but I stayed quiet not wanting to say anything, and let others talk for once.

"it's fine Adrian... what the fuck doesn't begin to cover it" 

"yea..." 

I felt Dimitri shift beside me clearly listening to the conversation though he still had the book in his hand and I felt very real guilt for what this might mean for lissa and Chris. 

"not your fault that I'm useless" 

"you're not useless and it's not your fault either" 

I really wanted to give him a hug but I wasn't really sure how to do that considering the whole plane situation. 

"sooo...allowing me to spend time here, sending me along with you guys and accepting my requests weren't out of love I guess... you were right rose" Adrian drowned his champaign right after saying that and I could feel the whole gang's mood change completely and all I could do was sit there. 

"Adrian don't" 

"no rose, you don't, I mean shit you just took the heat for all of us for so long for what? you don't get to talk about unhealthy behavior with me right now" before I could reply I felt something else in the back of my mind. Lissa. 

She has a lot of strong emotions swelling around in her head and before I knew it I was in her head sitting next to a very stiff Chris. I- lissa gave his hand a squeeze but didn't get a response making her emotions stronger and I knew I had to get out of her head or I would feel sick from what I feel. 

"Liss, calm down" 

"rose why didn't you tell us?! look I don't agree with Adrian that we should be solving this issue like that but you could have told us the truth before, why would you take the heat from her... I made the decision to listen to her, not you. She shouldn't get to push you around like that or me-" 

"liss, it's okay, it's my job. and I didn't say anything because I didn't want to worry you about this. it isn't something you should worry about now either, she can't force you to marry anyone, I'm just telling you because you made me promise I would" 

-------------------------------------------------- 

Howdy! sorry basically I was traveling then I was sleeping then I was sick then life hit me like a ton of bricks but I'm alive so here's an update.