the walk back- 2

"Now, as for your mother..." dimitri dragged on his sentence a little, something that he rarely did.

"Yea... I hate her." I answered, feeling angery and betrayed. What she did, taking that position, I would never forgive her for it. She's a famous guardian surely she wasn't going to have any issues declining.

"No, you don't. But I agree, she- the situation isn't something that should have happened" dimitri said, speaking carefully but I was just happy that he finally agreed with me.
I didn't know why but usually when dimitri agreed with me about my opinions on things, it just made me feel all that fuzzy and good inside. I guessed that's love.
I briefly wondered if that's what normal lovers had all the time, without all the pain and suffering involved.

Thinking about love had also made me think of lissa, I wonder how she would feel about having my mother as her guardian. I hadn't really checked in on her much recently so I did a quick mental check.
She was with Christian, complaining about how they still had to sit in classes without anything happening.
They were in the library feeding each other berries and pretending to work.

"Hey dimitri, are you busy right now?"
Dimitri didn't really question my topic change, sometimes he joked that I might have ADHD.

"No..." he said questionly and I remembered again how tried he probably was and how unfair it would be if I asked him to basically babysit me. My mother had said I couldn't be out of the hospital without adult supervision but that'll just have go... modified. Hey there adults in the library...

"Cool" I answered.

"you don't have to drop me off at the hospital, I can walk perfectly fine. You should go read your westerns, there's probably a bunch you haven't read yet" this for some reason made dimitri grin.

"Yes, the one I'm reading right now is about a student that doesn't know that I know she isn't allowed to go anywhere without adult supervision"
Oh, so he did know. Dang it.

"But I'm fine now, it's not necessarily!"

"Everyone just wants to make sure your okay rose, it's fine, I can take you. Where do you wanna go?"

"Library, lissa's there"

Dimitri nodded and without saying anything else headed towards the library.

"You still don't want anything for your birthday?" Dimitri asked after some silence.

"Hmm... I kinda got what I wanted didn't I?"

"I suppose..." he said amused "still, nothing else? Are you sure there's no list. I don't really believe that"

Today might now be that bad of a day after all.