The Queens call

I opened my eyes slowly, I could hear talking around me and wasn't sure what that meant. My body was on alarm as soon as that fact settled in, I jumped up, Ready for action. I wasn't sure what I was expecting due to the sleepy state of my brain but I definitely wasn't expecting my friends.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday rose~" Lissa started to sing, not noticing the fact that I was ready to fight but I could tell that the guardians, Eddie and Dimitri noticed and chuckled. I felt my cheeks turn rosey (no pun intended ) and just started at everyone. Lissa and sparky stood to my right side grinning and Dimitri, Eddie and Adrian stood to the left.

"Happy birthday Rosie posie" Christian said with a bit too much happiness.

"Don't call me that!" I answered instinctively more then anything else.

"Oh come on now rose, you can't just yell at us children like that. Your an adult now, you should treat kids better" Chris countered making everyone laugh.

"Happy birthday roza, I have to go, I'll see you later" Dimitri said making a swift exit while Lissa grinned.

"Thanks liss but couldn't you have waited till I brushed my hair or even my teeth" I laughed.

"Nope. Your special day starts from the moment you wake up till it's 12. Oh rose, I have so much planned, you'll see! Now boys out, we need to get ready for a long day" lissa explained, pushing Chris and Eddie who were going willingly out.

"You didn't need to call Dimitri" I said as they left making lissa laugh.

"I'm sure he thought you looked great, now come on, we're going out today!"

"Wait what" that was not what I was expecting "how.. I mean they barely like us and after everything... is it safe?"

"Oh come on rose, they are already giving me 3 guardians and all that.. and your mother Is you know, the Hathaway... I am so I'm always safe" yesterday lissa and I had talked about how my mother was Her guardian. The whole gang had agreed that we don't like it but we couldn't really do anything about that.

"Actually, there's a catch..." I could tell that without her telling me since I could feel her hiding something from me but I had also thought that might be my birthday surprise and didn't snoop.

"The reason you're mom got the position is because I asked... well not like that, yesterday after we got back from the library I saw that I had a email from the Queen, well her people and basically I had asked her previously if we could go and check out one of the colleges at court today since she also wanted me to check out those colleges and she agreed on the condition of giving me more protection. I wanna go to a bigger college... but she also wants me to look at the smaller ones, agh why am I explaining you know all this right" I was nodding the whole time as she spoke taking in the information.

"Actually I haven't done much snooping around your brain and thanks"

"Of course, the tour is gonna take like an hour so after that we can spend the whole day at count and celebrate your birthday... I thought it was a pretty good plan" lissa said somewhat sheepishly and I grinned.

"I see that I'm rubbing off on you, finally" this made lissa roll her eyes with mock annoyance.

"Now, come on! Hurry, the plane leaves soon, oh and your officially discharged from the hospital as of today since you didn't show any more signs of you know coma I guess. Oh and as for the plane ride, it's gonna be a bit like last time... I mean, are you gonna be okay? I know you got better control of the ghosts now but... I could try to heal it again" last time we flew and I saw ghosts lissa had taken it as a personal insult that she couldn't stop the headaches or the ghosts.

"I think I'll be able to control them, don't worry... I mean I need practice anyways for when queen bitch orders you around and I have to follow along" I answered grinning wanting lissa to be less upset about The whole incident.

"I swear rose, one day you'll get us arrested for the amount of times you insult important people"

And with that I began to get ready for my birthday.