friendship

Dr. Olendzki's end decision ended up saying that the stress of all that had made me faint and that it was likely that spirit might have played a role in the semi coma state I had gone into but since we didn't know much about spirit there wasn't anything that she could say about that.

"Since the hospital isn't overbooked anymore and most everyone is in recovery I'll keep you here for a few days on observation but other then that you seem to have everything as normal"

I nodded though I really hated the idea of having to stay, I didn't feel up to it to argue though so I stayed quite.
Alberta, the only one who hadn't said anything to be nodded and left with the doctor leaving me with my mother, Eddie, lissa and dimitri.

My mom signed again, she seemed to be doing that a lot.

"I'll get going too, I need to help out since everyone is busy preparing for the funeral." She had her guardian face on again and before I knew it she was gone too.

"how do we always manage to get ourselves in these situations?" Lissa asked, giving a humourless laugh.

"I don't know liss... look it was never my intention to kill a bunch of strigoi but get bested by freaking ghosts okay?" She gave me a small smile at that.

Eddie with his social skills being much better then good, left after giving me a nod. The one I always so guardians do and part of me finally felt the loss of our childhood at that, this attack really took away any chance we had of enjoying the last few months before we would be responsible for lives.
Dimitri did the same. I wanted to talk to him, and I knew that he knew I was dying to know what happened but his nod told me that he understood and we'll get there.

"Rose, I'm so sorry"

"No, liss, I'm sorry"
And then we talked, talked about everything that had been happening for the last year. We realized that we both could have done things differently, we both could have taken different approach to things but in the end what was most important that we loved each other. She was my family and would always be my family.

"But- ah rose.. about guardian belikov" I knew this conversation would be coming but I wasn't sure how or if even I would be able to approach it.

"When Dr. Olendzki explained that you didn't want to wake up... I realized how much you loved him. I'm sorry I didn't realise that but honestly I don't know how I feel about this. He's way older then us and also I don't know, I just never expected you two to be together"
She had compassion in her voice and I could feel that this was difficult for her. She simply didn't see dimitri that way, the way you would see a friend and she couldn’t imagine not being friends with whoever I was with.

"Actually we aren't together, not really. He's still my mentor and instructor and he definitely doesn't go easy on me" I laughed a little then continued "we simply agreed that we love each other and in the future when it's more reasonable we'd like to be together" that was the best way I could explain my relationship with dimitri. It was so complicated I just didn't know how to put it into words.

"I think... that's good actually." Lissa said after a moment of thought "I think that makes me like the whole idea a lot more. I'm glad we're on the same page again rose and I'm sorry we weren't for so long"
Telling lissa everything had felt so relieving that I almost felt like I would pass out again. I had being open and honest with my best friend. I had missed it a lot and now that I was finally there it felt amazing. Like I was finding a piece of myself that I had lost.

"I'm sorry I kept all this from you and I'm really glad to be back on the same page too liss"

We smiled at that, both feeling relieved to have things work out.

"Rose, i want you to promise something to me"

"Okay?" as I said that word i felt what she want going to say though the bond and smiled.
"No more secrets" I said before she could and she signed.

"Agh, I wish I could see into your head too" we had another laugh at that but then she continued.

"I do mean it rose, no more secrets okay? I don't want us to be against each other." And I could feel that really and truly meant that.

"I promise liss"