A awkward plane ride

I decided to wear all black even if I'm not a guardian yet, it was a comfortable but cute outfit and I felt that I could both kick ass and look good doing it while wearing this.
"Great! Let's go get breakfast!" Lissa had been waiting for me outside the hospital while the boys went ahead to save us seats. We walked and talked about nothing important, mostly classes and how everything was changing at school. The funeral date I found out from lissa had finally been finalized. And anyone and everyone was welcomed at the academy to show their respects, of course by that they meant that they would allow the friends and family and any other guardian that wanted to come. Most moroi who weren't friends or family of the dead wouldn't show, it was a fact of life for them, guardians dying to save lives and it wouldn't be changed though there had been people who started seeing the school as less safe now.
I wondered with lissa how this would change things for the next generation for guardians, for royals change wasn't something that happened much and moroi in general so that left the guardians.
All of these were such sad topics that some part of me started to feel guilty for having a birthday celebration or doing anything, especially so closely after a tragic loss.
"Don't think like that" lissa scolded me " if we stop enjoying life or other events because of the tragic events then... well life would be very bad, don't you think?"
I had to agree with her on that point. It would be sad if we never celebrated things in life.
As we walked into the cafeteria I saw a face that immediately soured my mood.
My mother.
Her short hair was tightly pulled back into a bun and she had her perfect guardian face on. How wonderful.
As soon as she saw lissa, which was a millisecond before I had seen her, she started making her way to us. Some part of me still felt a lot of love for her because of what she had done for Dimitri very recently but that part was very very very deep down and on stage was my unwavering anger for her.
"Guardian Hathaway" lissa greeted, still unsure of how this would work. I could feel her mind running in the background of mine, she was thinking about how awkward this had the chance of being and how she could escape that awkwardness.

"Princess, all the preparations have been made, the plane is ready to leave as soon as you are" my mother replied, her professionalism shining. It was my birthday for gods sake and  didn't even acknowledge that I existed. She didn't need to  sign happy birthday or anything but a 'hi rose' or even a freaking nod of acknowledgement would do and most parents would do that but of course not my mother. I had glared at her without realizing it and immediately turned on my guardian face too. Two can play that game. She wants to be guardian Hathaway so bad, let her be only that and nothing else.

"Okay, I'm already fed so we're just gonna grab some food and then we'll be there" fed of course Kent she had gotten blood before coming to see me.

"What's for breakfast? I'm starving!" I could smell something sweet and filled with sugar calling my name. Lissa started to laugh as my mother followed behind us.
"What?" I asked picking up a powdered donut and stuffing it in my face making my voice come out muffled.

"Nothing, it's just your mood changes so quickly"

I pointedly ignored this comment and moved on, making my way to the seats and enjoying a nice breakfast. The cafeteria was buzzing with it's usual chatter but I did notice that Jessie and his crowd were noticeably quieter about their existence. Good. I allowed myself a few minutes more of relaxing before dragging my admittedly very relaxed body up. I hadn't really felt like this before and I wasn't sure what it was but it broke quickly and I was happy to ignore it since it was time to go to court.
Last time we were there while we got to enjoy it a little bit we,the whole gang had been worried about victor and that whole chapter so this time being there without any problems is going to be a much better experience.
The jet was prepared and waiting for me and lissa who arrived a little bit late. Though I don't have any experience with jets or know anything about them I could immediately tell that this was not the academy jet, no it was no where close to being the small academy jet that we flew in.
This jet was twice the size and looked to my even uneducated eyes very good.
"What's that about?" I asked lissa, while noticing the guardians. There was Dimitri standing off to the right talking to someone, mom had of course followed us from the cafeteria and shockingly enough Stan and two other guardians that I didn't recognize.