The party

I felt slight shaking and immediately opened my eyes, I was a guardian but I somehow managed to sleep heavy. My surroundings came back to me quickly and I relaxed. It was just Dimitri, we were still in that old coffee shop. Now in a position that could only be described as cuddling as we sat practically on top of each other. I hadn't meant to but hey, considering he didn't shove me off, I'd say it's fair game. 
I'm glad for my darker skin tone in moments like these, my blush does still show but it thankfully shows much less then someone like liss.

"Hey there comrade"

Dimitri didn't seem amused by my sleepy suggestive tone. It's fair honesty, but it did still hurt a little.

"I got a call, the princess is back and we should get going to your party"

"Party?" I asked, still groggy.

"Yea, birthday party?"

Then the days evens fully came back to me, it had been much more then I wanted. I wanted a simple relaxed day with the people I love, and maybe some makeup and dresses but that's besides the point, I wanted a simple happy day. Was that really too much to ask?
This is the exact reason I don't believe in God or if he is real, he's one fucking-

"Rose... I'm not waking you up again. I've been trying for like 10 minutes"

"I'm up! I'm up!... so mean"

"It's mean to wake you up for your party? Should have let you sleep then..." Dimitri said, a slight smug look on his face the only indication that he was joking.

I tried to find a comeback but really I couldn't think of one, so I stuck my tongue out instead.
Dimitri gave me this look that clearly said, how childish or I'm not gonna dignify that with a response but I still consider it a win for rose. Hey, didn't say anything back, means I win. Simple.

We walked back through the confusion rows and rows of doors and I was genuinely lost to where we were. Court was so much bigger and it made me think about all the changes I would have to make to fully fit in get comfortable next year. It'll be a much bigger change then it seems.
My thoughts were cut short however, as soon enough Dimitri stopped infront one of the doors.
This door was clearly different as it was a two door set-up, clearly leading to a bigger room and suddenly I couldn't help but be a little excited.

Maybe it was selfish after all that's happened today and honestly I didn't even need to be a appreciated but the idea of seeing everyone i loved together was a nice one. The attacks and then Dimitri then all the fights and worries had all somehow weighed on me without my knowledge. Some part of my friends arguments weren't wrong, I did shoulder things. Carry the issues on my own and of course, I would do it again and again because it was my job to protect and I always will but it was still nice to see everyone, alive and well.

Protected.

"Go on" Dimitri said softly, opening the door for me and this time I definitely blushed. The simplest action from him made me feel like school girl playing with their dolls and making them kiss when no one was looking.
Of course, I had always made them kiss when everyone was looking. I had also made jokes that I definitely didn't understand to seem more grown-up. To get a reaction, but that wasn't the normal school girl experience.

Non of my existence was normal I thought to myself and stepped though.

Mom, the guardians whose names I've already forgotten and my friends waited for me. All in birthday hats, surrounded by balloons and birthday decorations that were definitely put together last minute but it made me happy anyways.

"There's the birthday girl" Adrian said, grin on face though I could tell his eyes were tried and he was definitely not fully sober.

"Rose!" Lissa said with such a sweet smile that my heart beat for a second. I understood why Chris was in love with her, I always understood but still seeing her at that moment made me remember again.

"Liss, you didn't have to do all this"

"Of course I did! I was so happy when guardian Belikov told me you were asleep, for once I would give you a surprise!"

"Pfft, thanks liss"

She smiled a of course, before assuring me in. Mia was there too, with Eddie, and I went around saying hi to everyone. We all sat and talked about absolutely nothing and while the guardians present were more quiet and reserved as expected they didn't really being the mood down. Adrian and I could create chaos in any situation so it really wouldn't be a problem of they did.

"I just wanted you to have the scents! Honestly... you judged me too harshly!" Adrian complained, a whine clear in his voice.

"Hey, I thought you bad ill intentions for either me or liss and I wasn't about to let that go! You were literally smoking when I met you"

"A little smoke never hurt anyone, besides the only ill intentions I have do revolve around you"

I was glad we could still joke about his love for me, it was clear his emotions for me were strong. That much had been made clear when liss told me he tried to wake me up from my coma continuously for hours but I have Dimitri and if there's one thing I know it's that what I feel for Dimitri is love. And Adrian, well, I hope he finds someone to love who loves him.
Be was fun and nice, sure but I still felt nothing romantic towards him.

The conversations went on for longer, until it was finally time to cut the cake.
Just from looking I could tell that liss had spashed out on the cake, so tried to show my appreciation for it. I smiled, and told liss it was so pretty because honestly it was and soon enough I was cutting the cake and feeding it to lissa. I also fed Dimitri who didn't say anything but from the look he gave wasn't really happy about being forcefully involved considering the other guardians weren't really a part of it.

The mood was genuinely good, and for the first time day I was really happy.