dimitri belikov

"Dimitri" I managed to say, my words horse.

"Rose!" Lissa explained, her eyes meeting mine. She hadn't exactly yelled but she was quite, loud enough to het everyone's attention on me.

"Rose"
"You're awake"
"Little Dhampir, good morning"

I looked around, almost a bit frantically, adrien had said he was fine but he wasn't anywhere in the room and dimitri would usually check on me if I was sick. In fact he was always there standing in a corner when I woke up after doing something stupid.

"Adrien you-"

"Calm down rose" this was from my mother. Didn't she understand? I looked at adrien and lissa desperately and lissa smiled.
"It's okay rose"
'I healed him' she said though the bond as a sad smile played on her lips.

"I'll go get Dr. Olendzki" Alberta said, Leaving but right as she was about to leave he walked.

I froze.
Dimitri! Dimitri was fine!

I felt the biggest rush of relief that I've ever felt in my entire life.

"Dimitri" as soon as I had said the word all the worries and bad thoughts came back to me in a flood of emotions.

"Guardian belikov" my mother corrected me but I only heard it somewhere in the back of my mind. All of me was focused on him. Him being alive.
I let out a sob, it was too much. It had been too much to think that he died... to think he was...
"Oh roza" dimitri crossed the space between us in a swift motion and stood next to me. His hands supporting my back as he muttered something in Russian before turning to English.
"It's okay, I'm okay"
I hated crying, especially crying infront of people. I hated being weak, dimitri was so strong, he survived all that just for me to cry.

Stupid. Stupid.
I tried again frantically to stop my tears and wipe them away but it didn't work.
"Roza it's okay"

"I-"

"I know, it's okay" that's all he said but I knew he understood. He understood how afraid I had been. He always understood what I was feeling, sometimes even when I wasn't sure.

Dimitri had his guardian face on but he had compassion and understanding written on it. I wish I could have kissed him or hugged him. I just wanted to feel him breathe but that couldn't happen now and so I consoled myself with that fact that he was there because him just being in a room made me feel better.
Dimitri let go of me and slowly as I started to calm down and finally I started to register the other people around me again.
Eddie seemed shocked, shocked at how dimitri had been with me but I didn't think he was seeing anything more then a mentor and his student.
My mom signed "Rose, do you know what happened... I ran after you and just clasped and then-"

"Actually I had no idea what happened... or how long i was out"

"Why did you run like that!" It was more of a statement then a question. My mother was clearly upset about that and some part of me wanted to be upset right back and yell at her but I tried to remember that fact that she was probably worried.
And I remember why I ran but I wasn't sure if I could tell anyone.

"I.." I looked at adrien and then lissa.

"It’s up to you to tell... everyone knows about spirit now soo" lissa said softly and comfortingly.

"I... mom i see ghosts, like real ghosts"

My mother, the all mighty powerful guardian hathaway stared at me like I had two heads. Not much got a reaction out of her and so some small part of me really enjoyed being able to shock her like this.
"What!" again a statement not a question.
So, slowly I explained everything from the beginning. Seeing Mason in different places, the ward, jesse and his hang, and finally how I had figured out the caves.
She took a second to respond and signed.
"I-i see" 
We all stared at her expectantly but she didn't say much.
"But nevermind that, someone tell me how long I was out for and what happened, and when dimitri-.. "

"I'm not sure but cousin and I came up with a theory"

"A theory?"

"Basically, the ghosts and you know whole belikov thing overwhelmed you enough for you to faint but then you started taking the darkness even when you were unconscious. Lissa was using so much spirit recently and just kept taking it... and this is where the theory comes in, you took so much that you went into a darkness induced coma. I don't know what it was little Dhampir but i could feel it, like you were both awake and asleep at the same time. And the doctor said that it was like you did it to yourself, like you didn't want to wake up"

I took a long time to take in what adien said. I met dimitri's eyes briefly and I could see his concern and longing masked under the guardian look.

To my shock, my mother spoke first, " Lord ivo-"
"Please, call me adrien" something told me this wasn't the first time he asked.

"Adrien, you said you tried contacting me before in dreams.. so how long was i out and what happened with those"

"You've been out for about 4 days rose" lissa said, and finally I opened myself up to her mind to see where we were and all I found was guilt.

We had both been bad friends... and now we both felt guilty.

But also I took in the fact that I had missed the last 4 days.

"When I went into the dreams it was weird rose, I could see you, but you were sleeping and that sofa, that came from you, not me. It was like... you didn't wanna wake up at all, I tried shaking you and everything. But when I tried really hard... you kinda woke up and punched me. It hurt like hell... but thankfully it was in a dream so my beautiful face is unharmed" this got both lissa and me to chuckle.

"Thanks adrien"

"Anytime, what are love sick idiots that follow you around for huh" adrien said this in a very strange way, with jealousy I realized. He was looking up, seeing our auras.

"Anyways, enjoy welcome back rose. I need a drink, too much spirit"

Suddenly I felt very guilty... though I knew I shouldn't. He cared about me but I just couldn't.

"Rose" Dr. Olendzki entered.