Zmey

All the guardians in the plane did the seeing not seeing thing they were so good at but one look at my mother told that she wanted to have some choice words with me.
Well fuck that and fuck her and fuck family. It's the same as having one or not... I didn't want to finish that thought.
Instead, I ignores the thoughts and moved my attention back to my surroundings.
"I- I'm not surprised" Adrian said finally breaking a short silence that had fallen on everyone after the discussion.

"Adrian it's not your fault" I said, trying to get him to not blame himself. I thought of Adrian as many things, especially when I had first met him but I knew he was a caring and kind person no matter what everyone thought about him and that he will become more self destructive by blaming himself and no one deserves that.
"She would have hated me regardless" I said smiling widely as if I was proud of this fact. I had hoped to not discuss the part about my so called dad was mentioned but i also hadn't thought that I would share the conversation so I just kept going.

"What?" Apparently that had gotten lissa's attention, she had been busy making sure Chris was okay but now she turned back to me.

"What does that mean?"

"Urm.. well she, i don't really know. She just, she mentioned how my whole bloodline is bad type thing" I explained.

"What? But guardian Hathaway is one of the best guardians, why would she have a problem with-" chris started to ask but I cut him off.

"no, she mentioned my dad, his name is apparently Ibrahim" I explained.
I didn't mean to but my eyes immediately went to my mother who just had her guardian mask on. Of course, what else would I expect?
Everyone else was looking at me, all my friends looked like they were concerned about me and I really didn't like that. Especially Dimitri, who was looking at me with his mask on but I could tell he wanted to have a very long talk with me.
It was weird how he had similarities with my mother in his actions but I guess all guardians had some things in common.

"Wow..
That was a talk huh" Eddie said unsure.

While Chris added "oh"

And Adrian said "it's doesn't narrow down any list, my aunt hates most people but I'm sorry rose... if I hadn't done that at-"

"Adrian stop, don't say sorry for freaking comforting me" I sighed exhausted from this conversation.

"But it does make me curious, why she hated him and whatever my family is that is... I mean like what did he do to get her to hate him that much" I had started as a thought out loud and wasn't expecting what happened next.

"Abe, I mean Ibrahim and the queen have a history" my mother said, not looking up.

"History?" I asked, unable to stop myself.

"Yes, rose. Abe isn't the likeable type"

I didn't know what that meant but I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out more. I mean he was my father after all... someone who had never been in my life, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel about him. If I shouldn't care or not... so I stayed quiet again. 

"Ibrahim? ABE??" Dimitri asked, very loudly and suddenly making all of us look at him.
He wasn't the type to be loud so it made everyone look at him with curiosity and I could tell he regretted it as soon as he spoke but he also still looked it shock.
Weird.
Who is this Abe guy... to get a reaction like that from Dimitri, I guess I was gonna have a long talk with him too.

"You know him? I suppose you would, yes"

"Zmey... huh" he muttered as he clearly avoided eye contact with me.

"It makes sense, doesn't it?" My mom answered, laughing.
Dimitri gave a half hearted cuckle.

What a freaking weird start to the day.