Chapter 28

The air was knocked out of Win when he looked at the sinister figure standing in front of him. He looked like he had seen a ghost, his blood freezing. That was the moment when his attention shifted back to the person he was embracing. Bright was not wrapping his arms around Win.

Under the dim lamplight, he could see Gun's face. Gun had the widest smile as his eyes shifted to Bright's back for a moment before they met Win again and he mouthed the words 'Bright knows about you'

Even though Win didn't hear Gun's voice but he could tell what he whispered. The hair at the back of his neck stood up in fear but his body stayed glued to Bright's. This could be the last time he was hugging his lover.

He slid his hand from Bright's back to the back of his neck and pulled Bright closer, nuzzling his nose in his neck as he whispered

'I am sorry

There was no reply from the other side. Win's heart was beating so fast he was sure Bright would've heard. He was praying his pounding heart will tell Bright how scared he was to lose him.

'Bright I am so sorry. I didn't do anything on purpose' Win said again, his voice cracking in the middle.

'Liar' Finally he heard Bright say something but alone that one word hit him harder than anything else.

Tears filled in Win's eyes as he stared ahead at the laughing person. The thought of Bright hating him was eating him alive. He couldn't care less about how he might not be able to go home alive tonight.

'I swear..' Win said weakly before burying his face in the crook of Bright's shoulder and sniffed. He smelled familiar ' I swear' He repeated again but his voice got muffled.

'I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't even know that you.. you' Win stopped

'that I?' Bright asked, his calm voice was scaring Win. He was waiting for Bright to rip him away and push him on the ground.

'I had no idea that you were a criminal' Win confessed. He wished he could see Bright's expressions but he didn't want to let go of his last hug just yet.

'Do you regret meeting me? Bright asked and Win answered quicker than his next breath 'No! not at all! never'

'But I had no such intentions..how can I prove that I had no such intentions. My dad..' Win had difficulty getting the words out

'your dad?' Bright asked confused 'You are confessing your love to me and bringing your dad in it?' Bright asked, his voice very confused.

Win's heart was very uneasy. He couldn't get himself to look at either Gun or Bright. He knew Bright had the habit of playing with his food before eating it

'Bright please don't do this to me. I.. I can't live without you' Win felt his vision getting blurry with tears. He knew he was saying bold things but his legs felt like they were about to give up. Never in a million years, he thought he will love someone this much.

Bright finally pulled away and looked at Win's face. He looked utterly confused as he asked 'what's wrong?'

Win let the tears fall down as he sniffed. He can't take it anymore. He was supposed to be the one to tell Bright the truth and he will confess right now.

'I am really sorry but I planned none of that' Win said. Bright still looked very confused

'My dad.. I had no idea that my dad..'