Chapter 9

.
.
.

"Put it back on"  Bright commanded, throwing shirt on him. Win caught the shirt and looked at Bright, confused.

"What was that just now?" Win asked, standing himself up from the sand and looked at Bright who wasn't looking at him . Bright didn't reply , just kept on staring at the sea, biting his lips.

Win put on his shirt and sat down with Bright, looking at his face.

Win waited for a while then confessed "This place is beautiful"

Bright nodded, looking at sand and picked up a flat stone to throw into the sea.

"Do you come here often?" Win asked, trying to get Bright to talk "It looks quite far from the city"

Bright nodded once and threw the pebble into the sea. It skipped 4 times in a row before sinking into the water.

"You are good at it!" Win said, his voice excited "Let me try!" He said, looking down searching for a stone to throw but couldn't find any. While looking around, his sight fell upon Bright's gun on the sand and he stopped.

"Did you kill those men?" Win quietly asked, pulling his hand out of sand.

Bright looked at him, showing no expressions at all. Win looked at him and Bright shook his head in a no.

"Shot him on legs and sent him to hospital afterward" He replied, throwing another stone in water, this time using a little more force than before.

"You are not a car mechanic" Win stated, although his voice had doubt in it but Bright's silence confirmed the fact.

Bright didn't look at him and kept staring at the sea.

"You have a criminal record?" Win asked slowly, raising his eyebrows. He was sitting on the sand with his arms wrapped around his knees. He blinked few times and waited for Bright to say something but he just kept quiet, not denying anything Win was saying.

" So hard to talk to" Win complaint and pushed his hands back, putting them down on sand to support himself and looked up at the sky.He stayed quiet for a while, trying to figure out how to react.

Suddenly he remember something and looked at Bright "Is your arm okay now?"

Bright looked at him and nodded "Told you it was nothing serious"

"Let me pinch your arm and we'll see then" Win said, raising his chin.

"Let me break your nose in return" Bright replied, glaring at him. Win laughed loudly , pushing his head back while Bright just stared at him.

"You don't fear death, do you?" Bright asked, confused.

"Don't get me wrong" Win said, still chuckling " I am a total wuss. Even a hard glare from dad has the power to make me wet my pants"

Bright blinked at him, not really understanding this human being . What kind of person would laugh during their abduction. Maybe he has something wrong with his head.

"Annoyance" Bright muttered and turned his face away.

"You brought this annoyance here yourself" Win replied, pointing towards himself.

Bright ignored him and Win went back to find a stone  to throw into the sea. He found a fat stone and excitedly threw it into the water but it just sunk in without skipping.