9

NIGHT ADVENTURES

Lexie struggled to get herself out of bed today, she slumped over to the shower, heat increasing, cause her body to go red, letting the water pour over her face and down her hair, getting out, goosebumps spiked up on her body, wrapping herself in a towel and into her room, she leaned over the window sill and swung her window open to let the morning air fill her lungs. She took her time getting ready today, not in any rush. She put on some dark skinny jeans, she tied a oversize shirt just above the pants.

She braided her hair and put a little more makeup than just mascara today, knowing she didn't want to swim. once she was happy with her look, she waltzed down the stairs and had a morning coffee and toast with one of the maids. The maid was worried that Lexie's mum would find out, but Lexie assured her it was okay, that she liked her company.

The house felt a sense of difference, calmness and almost soft without her mother there, different from the fear and confinement she usually felt. she let out a happy sigh. The sun outside was shining outside so she run up stairs to grab her notebook and guitar to sit near the water and write some lyrics to a song she'd been working on.

Time ticked past and it now read 3pm, "shit" the girl said, laughing at herself. she had messaged John B a while ago asking if there was anyone that his dad personally knew anyone called Redfield, but he never replied. She thought she would go for a walk to see him and check in. just as she walked outside, John B, Pope and JJ pulled up in the van. "c'mon, we got another lead!" He said happily.

She smiled at the boys enthusiasm. She jumped in and sat next to pope on the wall seat. "how are you guys?" she chirped, "amazing since your message!" jb shouted. the others stayed quiet, pope looked half asleep still.  We quickly pulled up at Kiara's house, Pope jumped out to go get her. They all sat in comfortable silence.

"she's not coming!" pope shouted from the stairs. "why not?" jj asked, "what'd you do to her john b?" Lexie and Jj said at the same time. "Shit" john b said, shuffling his position in the car. "hang on i'll deal with it, Lex you can drive if you want?" She perked her head up, "I'd love to!"

As he disappeared into the wreck, pope jumped back in, Lexie climbed over the seat, not being bothered to walk around, kicking JJ in the back of the head. By the time they got back out it was ready dark, Lexie drove happily following jj' s direction. "do you mind if i sit this one out? it's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down" JJ said, having a hit of his joint. "i'm just gonna lay low, Oh you want a hit of this" JJ offered Pope, knowing he would say no.

"i keep the signal clear" pope said back, "dude okay, do you understand what your problem is that you don't get creative? if you got creative, then - " John b cut off JJ "look - i know i was wrong about the lighthouse and pretty much wrong about everything else, but i - i was right about one thing. okay? my dad is trying to tell me something" he said out of no where, we all just looked at him, not replying.

- - -

" a cemetery? very cozy" Lexie said sarcastically. "keep up Kie" she said back to girl, walking slow. "i'm coming, this place is scary, john b what are we doing?" the girl said, grabbing onto Lexie's hand.

"You know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?" John B said, leading the group further in. "yeah?" Kiara said confused. "so Redfield, this whole time, i thought was a place, right? but it's not a place"

"how does that have anything to do with a song?" Lexie asked, earning a nudge from Kiara. He held the light up to reveal "REDFIELD" written on the stone. he looked at Lexie, "its a person, thankyou" Lexie nodded her said at him.