51

DEAR DAD

Hey dad, i know you can hear me, i'm sitting on some rocks, watching the sun rise. 

remember when you always use to stay that no matter where i am in this world, you'll always be with me? well, i hope you were right.

This past year has been the worst and best year of my life. I lost you, the one person who meant everything to me. But in return. i met the love of my life. 

JJ Maybank. 

Yes he is a little crazy, but it's what i love about him. I think you would like him to, he helped me in my hardest moments and to this day makes my heart flutter by a simple touch, or even being in close proximality. 

Dad, i'm in love with this boy. he has helped me become who i am today, i've changed and grown into a stronger, braver, and funnier human. 

he tried to make me a guitar last night, he had cut some wood and tides some vines either end. it didn't work of course, but i still every night, the songs we sung. i now sing with my new family. 

They remind me of you. We surf, made our own boards, we joke around, me and Kie sing together, we dance and play around. 

these people are my life, they are my present and my future. 

i've realised that family is them, they are my family now. 

i miss you dad. i wish you could meet them, you'll love them. and they would love you. 

i hope your watching me from up there, i found my life I've always wanted. 

it's wild. 

- - - 

AN 

OH MY GOD! 

okay okay, first off, i am so so sorry about the week with no updates, today i made sure i would sit down and finish this story. 

So three chapters today. this marks the end of our journey. But not Lexie's journey. 

i wanted to say a massive thankyou to every beautiful person reading this right now. i have enjoyed every second of writing this story and by the encouragement of all of you, made it so worth it. 

Today is a good week. I was accepted into my dream university, i got cash, i rekindle old friendships i didn't realise how much i missed. My life is becoming evidently better and i never thought it would. 

So to every person reading this. when i say that things WILL get better. they will.  slowly, very slowly, and life will continue to be challenging and you won't get a full break. but things will get better. 

I'm going to continue writing stories, some fanfics but some fictional stories as well. 

I love all of you, thankyou so much for reading this. 

and keep a eye out for updates ;)