33

MURDER WEAPON

As Kie and Lexie were out of the shower with dry clothes on, the group drove to the police station. Lexie sat in the front with Kie while the boys were in the back.

"what if they don't believe us?" Lexie asked her friend next to her, "he will, he has to right?" Kiara answered, just as worried.

As they pulled up the boys were excited with the hope it would clear John B's name.

JJ unravelled the gun and placed it in front of Shoupe. He sighed, looking at the teenagers who stood before him. "So y'all are telling me this is the firearm that Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with" he said reverting his eye to the gun and back up.

"That is exactly what we are telling you" JJ responded quickly. "And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin" Pope added

"i-" Shoupe started before sighing again, "and where's that corpse again?" Shoupe asked. Lexie scoffed and bite her lip, trying not to yell at the asshole cop in front of her. "Didn't you look?" Kiara asked.

"I checked the hospital, went b his house, he was out" Shoupe said confidently. "he was out?" Kiara asked loudly.

"No shit cause he's dead!" Lexie said, JJ moving over behind her, placing his hands on each side of her waist, rubbing small circles with his thumbs. The girl sighed, recognising his touch. instantly feeling more calm

"Listen to yourself!" Kiara yelled, "It makes perfect sense!" Pope argued back. While Shoupe tried to get a word in.

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide" Shoupe yelled. JJ rested his head on Lexie's shoulder, she pulled her hands down to meet his that remained on her waist.

"I knew that this was gonna happen" Lexie mumbled angrily. "are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit" Kiara asked angrily to Shoupe. "or are you just gonna sit on your ass" Lexie finished, JJ raised his head and placed a light kiss on the back of her neck, trying to calm the girl.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn moustache! is that even real?" JJ asked from behind Lexie, re adjusting his hat.

Shoupe stood up angrily, "I'll wax this -" he started.

"JJ shut up!" Pope said interrupting them.

"it's not fair!" Kiara said back to Shoupe. "oh i'm sorry did i hurt his feelings?" JJ mocked.

"Shut up!" Pope said in his face. Shoupe stood up and went to the door, holding it open. "get out. i got work to do" Shoupe said angrily.

Kiara stood up and walked past him, pausing a brief moment, "Did Ward actually bribe you? This doesn't make any sense" She said with tears starting to form, she walked straight out, followed by Pope "Kie-"

Lexie walked right up to his face, "lousy" she spat in his face, JJ pulled her, "they ain't gonna do shit, lets just go" JJ said holding onto the girl.

- - -

Lexie bid her goodbyes before walking home, "Lan?" she asked around, to find her asleep on the couch. Lexie picked up a blanket and laid it across her, the woman woke up to the slight contact, "sorry Lan, didn't mean to wake up"

"Oh Darling, don't worry, how was your weekend" She sat up allowing Lexie space to sit down. she sighed. "We found the murder weapon, Shoupe didn't care, a tear feel out of Lexie's eyes. "I don't know what else to do, we have done everything to prove Jb's innocence and Shoupe doesn't believe us"