39

FREEDOM BABY

The three went to the Chateau, Kie and Lexie sat next to each other across from pope as he started to ramble on random things, "so how was it with you?" Lexie questioned Pope about seeing his dad.

"well, uh, Pop's was upset" Pope said nodding his head, "After you left his truck in Charleston? what for?" Kie said sarcastically making Lexie laugh. "you know i'm actually trying to figure that out myself, i can't really see any reason that would make him upset" pope played along. 

"But i did ask him about the key" Pope muttered out, making the girls become more invested in what he was saying. "And he said that his grandmother had something like that, so i went over to great-grandma's place and uh." 

"she's still kicking good on her" Lexie said jokingly. 

Pope reached into his pocket, "i found -" He pulled up a string that was attach to an old key, the key.

"this" pope said looking directly at Kiara. 

"oh my god" Kie spoke, "holt shit pope!" he said louder.

"I know i know right i know!" Pope cheered along.

"this is what we need to get the evidence!" Lexie cheered from her spot, staring and smiling at the pair who were now stood up next to each other.

"i-i-i was right in  the room and it - it came out of the ceiling" Pope said quickly that he begun to stutter. 

"oh my god"

"Show me" Lexie said, Kie sat down next to her looking at the key, "is that writing?" Lexie questioned, "what is that?" Kie squinted. 

Pope jumped up to turn the light off, "What are you doing pope?" Lexie asked the boy, "trust me" he said. 

Pope grabbed a pillow and laid it on his lap, he held Kiara's hand that had the key in it, "right there, don't move it" 

Pope shined a torch on it but nothing showed up but random shadows, "Wow pope a shadow" Lexie muttered.

Pope looked at the girl and smiled which freaked the girl out, he hit the pillow making dust fly up, now beginning to show a message on the pillow through the dust. "Oh my god" Lexie said shocked. 

"holy shit!" Kiara and Pope started to talk about it more and more while Lexie was trying to read what it said, "path to the tomb begins in the island room" Lexie mumbled.

"what does that mean?" Kie asked. "so i'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Denmark Tanny and an angel" Pope said. 

"wait wait, the gold guy?" Lexie said getting even more shocked, "yeah" Pope chuckled. 

"i remember Limbrey saying something about an angel and how the key led to the cross"

"pope this is insane!" 

"Your a freaking genius!" 

"thankyou" Pope smiled at Kie

"kinda makes you wonder what the island room is" 

- - - 

Kiara drove as Pope sat next to her, the pair in thier own conversation, "guys the both aren't answering me" Lexie said worriedly as JJ wasn't answering but neither was Sarah.

"I'm sure they are -" Kie started as Pope scream out for Kie to stop, "KIE STOP" 

She quickly pulled the car over as JJ jumped into slamming the door shut and panting heavily, "GO GO GO" he muttered out.