Chapter One

I pushed open the big panned white French door and waltzed into the Cameron's house. I noticed a few of maids cleaning off the silverware as I passed the kitchen. The ones who noticed me back said good morning to me and told me Sarah was in the dining room.

        I was instantly surprised she was even awake. As I walked into the dining room I found Sarah, Rose and Wheezy all at the table amidst a large breakfast spread. "Thanks for telling me to ditch the cereal today," I say to Sarah as I take a seat opposite her.

      "Good morning Evelyn," Rose says sternly but sweetly to me. I smile back at her. "Well, you're not the only one who was surprised." Sarah says gesturing towards the food all around the table.

       "Oh, come on Sarah, I've literally been reminding you all week that Rafe's coming home today." Rose says. I instantly look up. "Rafe's back?" I ask looking up at them. "Yeah yeah, a real highlight for me in my weekly schedule." Sarah says mockingly. I feel an odd giddy feeling almost rise within me.

       I hadn't thought about Rafe in the longest time. Well in six months. And even if I had thought about him it was very minor and wasn't something I allowed myself to dwell on. You're probably going to assume there's some big back story here but there really isn't at all.

     Rafe Cameron is my bestfriend's old brother. We've known each other forever and always hung out. Things have always been normal for the most part, there's just this one small thing that happened that makes me feel different about us. Six months ago, on the night of Rafe's big college going away party, we kissed.