Chapter Five

I nod my head slowly not sure what to make of what he just said. Did he just say tequila? It could mean anything at all though, was he literally asking me if I was in the mood for tequila? Or was he trying to trigger my memory as well?

          I look at his face as I take my drink from him with a soft smile. He leans forward placing his elbows on the table between us.

         I take a small sip of my drink and notice he is watching me very closely as I do. Was something about to happen? I sip my drink some more and try to contain my nerves the best I can.

        Pope talks to Rafe about some killer cocktail for tomorrow and he gets distracted talking to him. A very drunk Topper pulls me towards him onto the makeshift dance floor Sarah and John B are dancing on.

        I laugh so much as he dances with me, acting ridiculous. Topper spins me around and catches me in that corny romantic way.

        I laugh so much as he wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles my face with his. He hugs me from behind while swaying lightly. John B and Sarah mimic us and we laugh.

       I'm so happy that summer is finally here and we can all be together literally every single day. I knew it would be an amazing summer. I look over at Rafe and notice him already looking at me.

        His eyes seem to trap mine. He licks his bottom lip lightly and looks me up and down. Woah. What was that? Topper squeezes my waist and I break my gaze with Rafe to smile at Topper.

       He moves his hands and swings me from side to side. Topper was an absolute clown when drunk and this was my favorite side of him.

        I reach back and touch his face with my hand and laugh. My eyes find Rafes again and he's looking at me the same way. A small thought festers in my brain.

        Was Topper dancing with me making him jealous? He didn't seem to mind. He was making wild eyes at me while staring nonstop.

      He downs his drink and winks at me before walking over to Kelce. I decide to ignore these stupid thoughts and keep dancing with Topper. Everyone gets either tired or passes out around 4am.

       We're all downstairs trying to herd everyone into their cars. Rafe and Pope are the only ones not too trashed to drive.

        Sarah is absolutely hammered and so is John B. Kie and Topper were the worst and I decided they'd both have to stay over. They wouldn't even wake up after they passed out around the rooftop.

        I work on getting Sarah into the backseat with Rafe. Once she's finally in we both laugh in relief. Rafe closes the backseat door and I lean against the car.

          He places his hand against the door and moves a little closer to me. "How come you're not shit faced tonight?" He asks me and I laugh. "It's my house, I can't have you guys trashing the place." I explain. "Yeah Pope breaking your dads urns really helped huh." He laughs and I do too.

         "It's too bad though," He begins and moves slightly closer to me. "You're a lot of fun when you're drunk." He says and rolls his tongue. My heart stops.

        "Rafe let's fuck off out of here!" Kelce says as he opens the passenger door from the other side. Rafe nods and gives me another wild look before opening the drivers seat door and winking at me. He remembers. He has to.

        I wake up the next morning to my mom thanking me for informing her in advance of our house guests sarcastically.

       It's 1pm and I needed to get out of the house to help Sarah for the huge party. I get showered and dressed, packing my clothes for the party as well. I was probably staying over at Sarah's tonight.