Chapter Twenty-One

I finish taking a shower and walk out of the bathroom. I hear everyone's voices from the kitchen. I pop my head inside and see everyone back at the bungalow again.

"You guys are back!" I say and they look my way. My eyes meet Rafe's. He's sitting next to John B and he gives me a nervous look. "Hey!" They all say back.

"How was the quick sand?" I ask them. "What quick sand?" Sarah asks as she winks at me.

I roll my eyes and laugh, going back to my room to change. After Rafe and I finished, I'd hopped in the shower for a bit.

I didn't really know how to process what happened again. I stare at my reflection in the mirror and wonder whether I just made a mistake or not.

I didn't want to just bounce back to the way things were between us again. I finish changing and walk into the living room where everyone else is.

I sit down next to Kie and Sarah. "You guys I hate to cut it short but, I think we need to get out of here." Topper says as he reads out the weather forecast for this weekend.

"If the storms sets in, we'll be stuck here for a week or so." Pope says. "Alright team, it's been fun." JJ says clapping his hands together.

We're back in the OBX within the next two hours. We all head to the country club because we were all starving.

I didn't know how to act around Rafe. I could tell he was being pretty nervous about things too.

I was thankful he was keeping his distance but I knew he'd eventually want to talk about what happened between us.

I couldn't wrap my mind around the whole thing. Maybe it wasn't the best decision to sleep with him if I wasn't sure I wanted to be with him again.

"You guys, that pool tournaments still happening at the Lodge tonight." Topper says. "Oh yeah, we thought we'd miss it for the trip." Rafe says back.

"Well shit what are we still doing here?" John B says standing up excitedly. "Ummm." Sarah says and he laughs and leans down to kiss her.

"I'll come by the house later?" I hear him whispering to her and she nods. "JJ you coming?" Kelce asks as all the boys get ready to leave.

"I am!" Kie says standing up. "Nah man, you know if Rick sees me in there he'll call the coops on me." JJ reminds them.

"I guess that's what you get for setting a pool table on fire." John B says and we laugh. The guys take off and it's just Sarah, JJ and I.

"Holy shit is that dad?" Sarah says. We all turn and see Rose, Ward and Wheezie at the Country Club. Sarah runs off the see them.

"I'm getting pretty tired." I say and JJ nods. "I'll walk you home," He offers. We say bye to Sarah who's joining them for dinner.

JJ and I walk back to my house. We make small talk about the storm and pretty soon we're at my door. "Wanna come in?" I ask him and he nods.

"Where are your folks?" He asks as we walk into the living room. "Out of state," I say back.

"Do you want something? Like a coffee or tea-" I ask him and he laughs. "Sure I'll have a tea," He says and I laugh.

My phone goes off and I see a message from Rafe. 'Can I see you later tonight?' I groan lightly. I had no idea how I was feeling about him right now. I didn't want to see him again until I knew what I wanted.