Chapter Twenty-Four

An hour into the party, Topper and I are little a bit drunk. I wasn't too bad, it's just that we didn't really have anyone else to hang out with here, so we decided to taste test each and every cocktail at the party.

             There was a totally of 12 cocktails to choose from, and we were pretty tipsy by now. I knew I was a little too tipsy when we cheers and I hit my glass into Topper's so hard, a third of the liquid fell onto his lap. Oops.

          Kelce couldn't make it to the party so Topper and I were really on our own. Rafe was pretty busy doing rounds speaking to the guests with Ward.

           I caught him looking over at me a million times and practically undressing me with his eyes.

           "Wow that's a lot of drinks on one table." Sarah says as she and Rafe walk over to us. "Oh we were just- making sure it's all up to standard." Topper says and Sarah rolls her eyes.

          Rafe takes a seat next to me. He keeps his hand on my thigh. "If I have to lie about my semester results to one more person I swear-" Rafe groans and we laugh.

          "Holy shit guys, JJ's calling me." Topper says as he takes out his phone. "Oh fuck." Sarah says. "Relax, he's just calling." Rafe says and Topper answers.

        "Hey JJ. No I'm just ah- with my parents at dinner." Topper says into the phone. "Yeah we're just at my house man, nothing special." He says.

        "Oh the music? No no no my moms actually just got the record player on-" Topper says as he panics and looks at us. We all look at each other cluelessly.

        "Yeah you know I should be able to um, maybe after 1 or 2am." He says. "Yeah well, we wanna watch a movie after-" He says.

        "No no I haven't seen Rafe. He said he's at dinner with his family." Topper says into the phone. "No Ev's probably with them too." He says and I roll my eyes. I hated lying to them like this.

        "Sure thing, I'll see you later bye." He says as he hangs up and hits his head on the table. "That was the worst thing I've ever had to do." He groans.

        "Did he suspect anything?" Sarah asks while biting her nails nervously. "No I doubt it." Topper says back.

         The MC says the dance floor is now open, however everyone was still in their seats just catching up with each other.

       "Why isn't anyone dancing?" I ask as I look around. "Because they're too busy trying to one up each other's equity." Topper mocks as he goes on his phone.

       I notice Rafe eyeing me again. "Do you want to dance?" He asks me. "Well sure, once everyone else does-" I say smiling.

        I roll my eyes when he immediately gets up and asks for my hand. "May I have this dance?" He says in the most cliche voice ever.

        I take his hand and laugh. "You guys make me sick." Sarah groans as she places her head on the table.

        Rafe takes my hand and practically bows in front of me. "Did you just courtesy?" I ask him as I laugh. "Absolutely not." He says.

        We walk over to a corner of the dance floor. I keep looking around to make sure no one was especially eyeing us.

        Rafe was being really sweet but this was low-key embarrassing when we were the only ones dancing. "Stop looking around, focus on me." He says as he places his hand on my waist.