Chapter Two

A complete recap of the story is absolutely necessary and it's not like I don't recap it in my head often. The party was absolutely raging and it was around past 3am. Ward and Rose had gone out on the boat for the night so we could have the house and Wheezy was sleeping over at a friend's.

            I went upstairs into Sarah's room for a while because I wanted to freshen up. It was one of the hottest Summers ever and all the partying was making sweaty and a little bit dizzy. After fixing myself up a little in the mirror, I hear excessive laughing coming from the balcony in her room. I walk over and see her and John B in the garden kissing and laughing. I smile for a second. I was happy she was happy.

         I look up into the night sky and that is when how much I drank tonight really hits me. I was super buzzed. I notice Sarah and John B have left the garden and as I'm about to leave the balcony I see a very drunk Rafe storming into the room.

           The giveaways for how drunk he is are too easy to spot. Firstly, he has a literal half empty bottle of tequila in his hand. Secondly, I witnessed him play the drinking game shot or not and all 5 cups he picked up, had shots underneath them, which he obviously took. Thirdly, his eyes look insanely big and he looks as if he's not completely sure where exactly he is. His eyes meet mine as he walks into the balcony.

          "What are you doing up here Ev?" He asks me as he gazes around, almost looking for someone else. "I was fixing my hair, what are you doing here?" I ask him as his eyes meet mine again. He looks pretty funny as he's weirdly panicked.

        "Kelce said he saw some kids up here macking it out" he says gesturing to the room. "Nope not up here!" I say as I laugh. Wrong room Rafe, JJ and Kie went to your room instead of Sarah's. "Why are you so concerned anyway?" I ask him.

         "It's gross if it's my little sister's room." Rafe says seeming super grossed out. He sets the bottle down on the table in the balcony and rubs both his eyes. "Ah I am absolutely hammered." He says as he takes a step forward towards me, losing his balance slightly. I start laughing and reach in front of me and grab his hands to make him a little stable.

         "You are absolutely hammered Rafe." I say laughing at him as he holds my arms. "The word is fookered, and you clearly aren't so come here," He says as he reaches back to grab his bottle and bring it towards me. "Oh no no no" I say backing up against the balcony railing.

            "Come on Rafe! no chaser or anything?" I say as he brings the bottle closer to my face. He has me pinned against the railing now. I wasn't getting out of this. "Don't be a pussy Ev," he says smiling as he tilts my chin up with one of his hands and brings the bottle to my lips with the other. I roll my eyes and drop my head back more.

             "Good girl," Rafe slurs as I feel the burn in my throat beginning. I smile and roll my eyes once again. I reach up and hold onto his wrist as he tilts my head back more. The liquid is setting my throat on fire at this point.

             I suddenly become aware I have downed way too much and push Rafe's hand away. He comes to the same realization and moves too quickly and spills some of the tequila on my chin, down my shirt and on the floor. "Oh, fuck I'm sorry," he says and we both erupt into laughter. He stands closer to me and wipes the liquid off my chin with his thumb.

           I immediately start to feel even more buzzed and things appear to be way funnier than they actually are. "Here you missed a drop," Rafe says laughing as he wipes more liquid off my chin with his thumb. He brings his thumb up to my mouth and I lick it lightly. As innocent and jokingly as that action was I notice Rafe's eyes light up a bit.

             He's now staring at my lips and his thumb that was just in it. I suddenly become extremely aware of how close we are standing to each other. He looks up at my eyes and licks his lips for a small second. Rafe was always so much taller than me but I never really noticed it. His hair falls a little bit into his eyes and I notice how tense his face has become.

               I laugh slightly in an attempt to break the tension and he snaps out of it as well. "I'm sorry haha- " He says as he takes a small step away. "No, I actually love smelling like tequila" I say joking around. I notice his eyes trail to the top I'm wearing which is tequila stained and linger there for a few seconds too long.

               Was something about to happen between us? I hadn't really thought of Rafe in that way before. Of course, he was attractive and all but he was always a brother to me because of Sarah. Was that about to change? Did I want it to change? Suddenly I really did. Rafe was watching me like a hawk, he looked so good tonight and I couldn't really think about anything else. I wanted it to happen.