Chapter Sixteen

"RAFE." I hear John B scream. I close my eyes, I felt as if I was about to blackout. It worries me how hard I hit my jaw on the ground.

I cough up slightly and Topper tries to cover my mouth. "Ev-" He says when he sees how much blood is in his hand.

I look over and see Rafe standing over Dan, still holding the gun. "Rafe what the fuck did you just do????" I hear Pope screaming.

"RAFE!" Sarah screams. Rafe doesn't even move. He stands there, not phased. "Man we gotta fucking go!" JJ screams as we all start moving.

"Rafe come on," John B says as he grabs him by the arm. "Come on Ev," Topper says as JJ helps him lift me off the ground. I scream as my face aches when I'm not laying on the ground and I have to hold my head up.

"Oh my fucking god," JJ says when he sees my face. "I got you Sarah," I hear Pope saying. "Come on, come on!" Kelce screams as he leads us out of there.

JJ and Topper both hold me up as we all get the hell out of there. I can't even turn my head around to see Rafe. I begin crying immensely at how much pain I'm in.

"Evelyn are you okay?" I hear Sarah screaming. "Evelyn are you okay??" She screams while crying again. "She's fine!" Topper says to shut her up.

We all keep moving as quickly as we can, we get to the parking lot and stop. "Rafe where'd you park?" JJ screams. "Rafe where the fuck did you park???" JJ screams again.

"I-I don't-" Rafe begins stuttering. "It's up over there, it's over there!" Topper screams gesturing in front of us, we all start moving again.

"Topper I can't," I cry. He and JJ both stop. "I got her, I got her." JJ says as he stops and carries me carefully.

"Watch her head!" JJ yells to Topper and he holds my head up for me. We make it to Rafe's jeep and we all stop around it.

"What the fuck do we do you guys??" Pope asks panicked. Sarah is crying insanely. I look over at Rafe who looks completely disconnected and dazed off right now.

"You shot someone Rafe." Kelce says in disbelief. "He didn't have a fucking choice man!" JJ screams back.

"You guys we've gotta get Ev to a hospital." Topper says while panicking. "Is she okay???" Sarah says while crying into John B's chest. "You guys John B's face is beat up right now," Pope says.

I notice a long trail of blood down the side of John B's face. "They used fucking knuckle crushers." JJ says, I hear a whimper in his voice and I start crying more.

I knew we were all scared, nothing like this had ever happened to us before. "Rafe did you kill him?" John B asks calmly.

When he asks this, it all really dawns on me. "I shot him in the gut." Rafe says. He seems oddly calm and is barely moving. "Twice." He finishes.

He's looking at the floor and barely whispering. "Alright we've got to get rid of the gun." JJ says and everyone agrees.

"Topper, Pope, Sarah; get Ev and John B to a hospital now." JJ instructs. "I'll get rid of the gun with Rafe and Kelce." He finishes.

"You guys what about Rafe's fucking face?" Pope says. "I'm fine." Rafe mutters. "Rafe you go with them." JJ begins. "I said I'm fucking fine." He says again.

"You guys we don't have time for this, let's go!" Pope says as he gets into the driving seat of the Jeep. Topper and Sarah carefully get me into the back. John B gets in the front seat.