🇸🇬 :: The Moon and Stars

(written on September 2021)

Future A/N: Part two is cancelled, I have a different backstory planned for Singapore now.

this seems to be all in english but i swear most of the interactions are supposed to be in malay, dialogue in brackets are in that language.

cw // events based on actual history

------

A country would find himself slamming the table hard enough for the entire household to wake up in this dark evening.

"[How many times do I have to remind you, Singapore?!]"

Malaysia said, giving away a really angry and disappointed look. "[We can't invite any Chinese people here okay?! That's final, they're not getting along well and you know that.]"

Singapore, who was across the room on front of the country, seemingly gave off a big gulp. He never seen Malaysia this angry before, he has been disobeying that rule of his for almost a year now and he fully regret what he had done.

Right after Malaysia was formed, every single state formed a really deep tension with China, but then then there's Singapore. Singa kept inviting Hong Kong and sometimes even China himself inside the residence, which made every single one in the house really angry.

This fact didn't really make Singapore give up on the fight, as he responded calmly.

"I just want them to get along."

"Singapura!"

Malaysia hissed. He was really angry at the (then) state, and he knows that literally everyone else in the house suddenly woke as it was literally 1 in the morning. He just needed to deal with Singapore for a moment, it's been a year and he had to confront him.

Malaysia would grab on the other's shoulders and told him face to face. "[You know that it's impossible. We can't get along with them! They're just idiots, they can't understand everything that we do. Let alone you inviting them out of nowhere?!]"

It was then that heads started peeking out of the doorway. Brunei and Sarawak, two territories, who just woke up just because of all of the shouting and mess them both. Johor would follow behind, which was Singapore's closest roommate.

"[Please it was just one request of ours,]" Malaysia said, releasing his arms. "[Keep them away, it's been a whole year since we needed to tell you.]"

"[Then what are you going to do with me? I just can't just- ban them?!]" the city explained, looking at the ground. Singapore really wanted everyone to get along, and if this keeps happening then he doesn't think he can talk to them anymore.

Malaysia looked at him, "[Singapore, please.]"

"[I won't ban them.]"

Melaka and Perak would then show up at the doorway as well, both whispering to Brunei to explain what is happening but she refused to explain further. All of the states agreed that the argument between Singapore and Malaysia was going on for weeks now, and they can't do anything about it anymore. They both had strong relations in the past, and now this. This is what they had to deal with every morning now, it was exausting.

The country sighed and walked over to the coffee table, grabbing a clipboard which had a few pages of paper attached to it and a pen. He would scan each and every single page on the board, then proceeded to hand it over to Singapore.

Confused, he asked, "[What is this?]"

"Singapore," Malaysia sighed, then paused for a moment due to how nervous he was in presenting the board, even if he had to do this so badly.