💫 :: AUTHORS NOTE #1 :: 💫

I know it's pretty annoying to place out authors notes out of nowhere, but I noticed how confusing ASEAN's personality is within my works and people being confused by it and I really need to clear it up:

— ASEAN is genderfluid, and mainly uses he/him pronouns. I headcanon everyone doesn't really have a fixed gender, and they themselves have to pick what they are. However, he knows he's genderfluid but hasn't really coined that term onto himself yet.

— For the "he was so introverted before he turned 30" kind of thing was actually relating to history. Yes, ASEAN is pretty silent before, however after he changed his flag he became more and more extroverted? Might as well say he's an ambivert now.

— this especially applies to Haystack; ASEAN pretty much didn't know how to cook until his 35th birthday. And I'm being /srs. Also this is a headcanon please don't attack me

— I USED TO have ASEAN so silent to the point he sounds like a useless character as you can see while reading Haystack and probably Golden. ̶A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶ He's more of a happy-go-lucky person now. All chapters after this authors note will have ASEAN have its new reformed personality I made for him. It starts at the Halloween 2021 chapter!

— SEATO is the abbreviation of Southeast Asia Treaty Organization. It was founded by Australia, France, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, UK and the USA. Although it's founded by 2 Southeast Asian countries, ASEAN did preceded the organization nonetheless indirectly, mostly through the ARF, or the ASEAN Regional Forum. There's a high chance they both don't interact at least once (since my research is messed up by google), but majority of the people who knows SEATO as a character still considers them as ASEAN's sibling.

That's all I should clarify, if you have any questions then please let me know!