🇸🇬 :: The Results (WCA/GCHHS AU)

(written on November 3, 2021)

for context, this is a snippet for a highschool au thing

also Malaysia isn't actually claimed as of I writing this, notice that I used they/them pronouns.

----------

What have they gotten into?

Malaysia forcing him to attend highschool... actually no, he himself forced him to go to school with Malaysia suggesting it. He had been homeschooled for a while now, and the UK literally trusts him with everything. He needed to go.

He just took a test last week, a scholarship test. He was expecting his own results around this week, but he needed to go to the campus to accompany Malaysia out.

His half-sibling would complain a whole lot on how their class teacher behaves really strictly, but he hasn't gotten into it yet since he hasn't met whoever that person was. Mal would also tell the history of the school and now it made him feel more interested.

Malaysia dropped the papers to the reception and he was left waiting outside, scanning through his phone reading things about the school. Apparently they have dormitories? Isn't highschool a little too early for those? He shrugged, he didn't make the school system. He just had to accept whatever the hell they have.

🇲🇾: "So, ready to go?"

He turned and heard their voice. He blinked for a few seconds to think for a response, and finally broke the silence.

🇸🇬: "Are the test results out yet?"

🇲🇾: "I don't know, it looks like they haven't approached us or anything."

Right, he has a part-time job. It was pretty young for him to have them, but he really just couldn't leave himself unbusy and lazy. But, he didn't really have a shift today. He would most possibly resign once this school would consume his time, or move in a dormitory.

🇸🇬: "No- lets just go back."

❓: "Uhm, excuse me?"

A voice from behind called, a familiar voice he had heard before. Turning to his back, he would see the organization that started his entire life yet barely communicate with each other back at the island, holding a long, brown envelope. What was he doing here? He let him go for a bit now, unless he's working for this school as well? They were neighbors at one point, it's such a unique coincidence that they would both stay in this school starting this year.

Malaysia would immediately spark her eyes and recognize the other.

🇲🇾 : "Sir ASEAN! I didn't know you work here."

ASEAN huh? That name gave him some familiarity in his mind. They haven't really both communicated, so he really couldn't confirm his true name.

🌾 : "Oh yeah! I just worked here starting last year- Anyways, you're Singapore, correct?"

Singapore paused for a little, before responding with a nod. The other then replied:

🌾 : "Well good news, remember that test you took a while back? The results are out, do you want to hear it?"

The country-state would start overthinking once again. This is it! To be completely honest, he thinks that the questions are easy but they did say that it's hard. He didn't really know why, maybe because Britain taught him a couple years earlier than his own age. He shook those thoughts off, and eventually responded;

🇸🇬 : "I want to hear the results."

He would hear Malaysia squealing at his back, then the other gave away the envelope he was holding to the country. Grabbing the envelope, he scanned the cover first-there was a sticker at the top-right corner of the envelope with his flag. Thinking it's for identification, he opens the envelope ignoring the sticker he saw.

He pulls out the contents, it was just a piece of paper with a bunch of smaller papers stapled on the bondpaper. This made him have even more high hopes about his results.

He scanned the main paper for a little bit, realizing it was a letter. He thoroughly read it...

🇸🇬 : "Good day Singapore. This letter is sent to inform you that you have... passed the scholarship exam..."

He paused at that sentence for a little bit in both shock and excitement, he observed that the country gave him an embrace at his back out of pure excitement. He sighed, and continued reading the paper.

🇸🇬 : "Heh- Your passing grade is phenomenal, with the passing of 98.12 percent. We would like to seek your attendance at the campus by Monday to settle this. Thank you for your hardwork that brings you to this point, I hope we will see you there. Signed, United Nations."

🌾 : "Congratulations, Singapore."

The organization would state, and smile at the other genuinely.

🌾 : "I hope I can see you in my class anytime soon."