24. Duels

While Buggy fight with Visco, Cricket is facing Taki now. They fight among the defeated mafias. Cricket is shooting his guns on Taki, and Taki move around to avoid the bullets. It seem Taki is used to fight with gunners and know how to fight them.

Taki get closer to Cricket and swing his chainsaw. Cricket jump back to dodge the chainsaw and keep shooting at Taki. Taki move around agilely again and keep getting closer to Cricket, make Cricket move back again and again.

'He predict my shot and move before i shoot. He is used to this, so i can't keep going like this.'-Cricket

Cricket see the axes from the fallen gang members and get an idea. Cricket put his right hand flintlock in it's pocket and take an axe from the ground. Taki didn't know what Cricket is planning, but he keep going forward.

When Taki get in front of him, Cricket swing his axe to block Taki's chainsaw. The spinning blade of the chainsaw meet with the blade of the axe, creating sparks. Cricket then use his left hand flintlock to shoot at Taki. Taki realize this and jump to the side.

"So that's your intention, smart move, but it won't work. Did you think i never use my chainsaw to clash with axe or other blades?"-Taki

Cricket look at his axe's blade that get chipped by the chainsaw.

"If i use the axe to attack, then it will be disadvantageus for me, but it's just for blocking, so who cares."-Cricket smirk

"Whatever, it won't change the result, i'll still win. And before i win, my leader will win his fight first."-Taki

"I doubt that, my Captain is very strong, he's the strongest man i've ever met. I haven't even see him using his full power, and i think that he's just playing around in North Blue."-Cricket

"Is that so? My leader also never use his full power and still playing around. He can conquer Grandline like Gold Roger if he want."-Taki

"..... Now that's really an exaggeration."-Cricket

Taki attack Cricket again, and now Cricket move forward to face Taki. Cricket block Taki's chainsaw and shoot, but Taki can dodge that. They keep going like that, until suddenly Taki make a different move.

Taki use feint, and make Cricket block wrongly and just hit the air. Taki move his chainsaw and make an S move. The chainsaw hit Cricket's front body, but luckily he move back and the chainsaw just cut his skin, but the cut is wide.

"Damn."-Cricket

Cricket take a look at his axe and it have many cracks. Cricket discard it and take another axe from the defeated mafias. Now he need to be more careful on Taki's feints, or he might get cut in half by the chainsaw.

Cricket take the initiative and attack Taki. He move forward while shooting his flintlock. Taki move around again to avoid the bullets. Cricket reach Taki, and he swing his axe. Taki dodge to the side and swing his chainsaw to Cricket.

Cricket jump to the side and roll to dodge the chainsaw. Taki chase Cricket and swing his chainsaw many times, forcing Cricket to run backwards franctically. Taki succeed to hit Cricket in some place, albeit shallow and corner Cricket into a big boulder.

"It's over!"-Taki grin

Taki swing his chainsaw to Cricket from above. Cricket block the chainsaw with his axe, but the chainsaw start to cut through the steel.

"Hahaha, my chainsaw is made from special materials that make it very durable. And the axe that you took from our member is just a poorly made axe. It won't be able to hold my chainsaw for long."-Taki