72. All-Out War

Buggy & Squard keep clashing with their swordsmanship. Buggy moves faster and attack more than Squard. But Squard can defend and sometimes he attacks Buggy with big attacks.

None of them get noticeable injury except Squard who flung and crashed to the trees before. But he is not injured badly because he protected his body with armament haki when he crashed.

They keep clashing until suddenly Squard attacks with his normal-sized katana. He unsheaths his normal katana with his left hand and strikes Buggy with it. Buggy doesn't see it coming and gets his neck being cut by the katana.

Squard smirks and so are his crewmates. The natives get surprised and they get alerted. They immediately raise their spears and get ready to attack, but Buggy's crewmates stop them.

"Why're you stopping us? Your friend is being killed there, you should get ready to fight too," says Nhiba panicky.

"Calm down, Captain is okay," says Cricket.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE IS OKAY? HIS HEAD IS BEING CUT OFF," shouts Nhiba.

"Just look at him carefully, no blood is coming out from his neck, right?" asks Cricket.

The natives look at Buggy and there's no blood at all from his cut neck. Squard & his crew also realize this and they are the ones who get alerted now.

"Tsk, Devil Fruit user," says Squard while clicking his tongue.

"Oi oi, don't talk like that. Whitebeard is also a devil fruit user," says Buggy while his head is floating in the air.

Just now, Squard didn't use his haki on his normal katana because he want to attack Buggy fast enough. But that made his sword attack useless on Buggy.

Well, even if he used haki, it would still be useless. Buggy has trained his reflexes to be so fast that he can split his body reflexively when being attacked. That training is his attempt to awaken his devil fruit faster.

It can also train his observation haki, so he hoped it will make his observation haki develop faster, and it works. His observation haki grew faster than his armament haki in the last 2 years. It's not perfect yet, but it keeps progressing.

Buggy put his head back on his body and says, "You're very sneaky, Squard. Using an underhanded tactic in a duel."

"Hmph, a duel of pirates is not sacral. We didn't choose to fight as swordsmen, so this is a pirate fight. Besides, your previous big attack isn't swordsmanship. So what I did wasn't wrong," says Squard.

"Oops, I've been found out. But you're right, a duel of pirates doesn't have a rule. So I will use this now," says Buggy while grinning.

Buggy split his wrists and spin his swords on his hands. Then he uses the spinning swords to attack Squard. Buggy's attack surprised Squard and he uses both of his katana to defend Buggy's attack.

Buggy then rushes to Squard and sends a kick at Squard's stomach. The kick doesn't hit because Squard blocks it with his big katana. But that makes Castor on Buggy's left hand free and it spins toward Squard.

Castor almost slashes Squard's head, but someone stops it. Buggy's attack is stopped by Squard's Vice-Captain who uses a cutlass. He blocks the sword to save Squard, but it violates the duel.

"Richard!" says Squard in surprise.

"Sorry, Captain. But I can't let you die even if it violates your duel again. You can get mad at me, but you need to live first," says Richard, the Vice-Captain.

Squard grits his teeth because the same thing as the past happens again. Squard looks at Buggy who is grinning, so he clicks his tongue.

Buggy grins seeing what happens and says to his crewmates, "ATTACK! THIS IS AN ALL-OUT WAR NOW."