69. Manba

Buggy, Mantis, & Jude continue their exploration with someone following them stealthily. Mantis realized this too, but Buggy tell her to let it be.

They walk around the island for a full day and arrived in the village again. They got many herbs & poisonous plants on their way. Buggy even caught some animals for them to eat in the village.

The villagers are very happy with the herbs & meat. They let Buggy & co rest while they will cook the meat. But Mantis doesn't agree and decides to help them cook. She can also learn the native's cooking this way.

While they cook, Buggy returns to his ship to call Cricket. The island seems to be safe, so there won't be any problem even if they leave their ship at the coast.

Buggy walks to his ship, and he still senses the one who stalked them all day. He grins and just keeps walking at a slow pace. The one who stalks him is looking at Buggy.

Buggy takes a turn to the left and gets blocked by a tree. But suddenly Buggy disappears and it surprises the stalker. The stalker tries to find Buggy, but he is nowhere to be found.

"Looking for me?" Buggy suddenly appears behind the stalker who squats on a tree branch.

The stalker gets surprised and jumps away to the ground and looks back. The stalker gets now can be seen because of the moonlight. Buggy also jumps down to look at the stalker.

The stalker is a fat-bald boy around Buggy's age. He is a native of this island, but he doesn't have thick lips & his eyes look like they're closed. Other than those, he looks just like the other natives.

Buggy looks at the boy and he looks a little familiar. Then he remember it, the boy is similar to Isami Aldini from 'Shokugeki no Souma'. It's just that the boy has tanned skin, unlike Isami.

"So this is the one who stalked us for hours, huh?" says Buggy while smirking.

"W-Wait! I don't have bad intentions, I'm just curious about you guys because you came from the outside world. I have never seen anyone except my people, after all," says the boy.

'Hmm? He's curious about the outside world? Hehe, this is my chance to get a doctor for my ship,' thinks Buggy.

"Are you really that curious about the world outside of your island?" asks Buggy.

"Yeah. The adults said that the outside world is dangerous, so I shouldn't leave the island. But it's just made me more curious about the world out there. I've seen many things from newspapers, and it made me even more curious," says the boy.

Buggy smiles and says, "Then I'll tell you some stories that I have about the world."

"Really?" asks the boy excitedly.

"Of course, let's talk while we go to my ship. By the way, I'm Buggy, what's your name?" asks Buggy.

"Manba, my name is Manba. I'm 18, and I'm Nhiba's nephew," says Manba.

They walk to Little Hunter while talking to each other. Manba tells Buggy that his parents have died from an illness. Now it reminds Buggy that the natives need some materials from the giant tree for their special medicine. But it is guarded by the giant birds.

'I'll help them before I leave this island. That way they will allow me to take Manba as my doctor. Wait! He's a doctor, right?'

"Hey Manba, are you a doctor?" asks Buggy.

"I can't say that I'm a doctor, because everyone in our village has high medical knowledge. But I can say that I have more knowledge about medic than everyone in the village. I have read every book in our library, even the ones about technology. I always like to know many things, after all," says Manba proudly.