189. Leaving

After defeating John Giant, Buggy returns to his ship. And he is also taking John's giant sword back with him. The sword is massive and must've been made of good materials. So he gets attracted by it and decided to take it.

'I will check it in a swordsmith and if the materials are good then we can turn it into good weapons for the crew members. If it's not enough then we can just sell it to buy good weapons,' thinks Buggy.

Weapons are important for pirates like them. They are their lives & deaths. Having good weapons can change a lot of things in their line of work. So Buggy will make sure they have good weapons before they enter New World.

Palu & Cricket also seem to have the same thinking as him. Cricket has ordered their men to take every valuable that the Marine soldiers have, including their weapons. On the other hand, Palu has taken Lacroix's sword remains after he broke it.

Magnus didn't take Ronse's Axe and forbid anyone from taking it. He says that they fought as warriors and haven't made an agreement to take the Axe. So he won't take it because that's unhonorable.

Buggy sighs and says, "It seems he hasn't gotten used to being a pirate. But whatever, it's his fight, he can do whatever he wants."

"What should we do now, Captain?" asks Jude.

"We'll leave, obviously. There's nothing else to do here, anyway. Has the log changed?" asks Buggy.

"Yes, right when the war still went on," says Jude.

"Alright, let's go to the next island," says Buggy.

"AYE AYE!" replies everyone.

The Clowns set off to the next island, leaving the defeated Marine soldiers who only have their underwear now. They even took the soldiers' clothes, not just their weapons. There aren't many valuables, after all, so the clothes will do.

The crew then eat to recover the energy that they lost in the war. Manba also gives them some supplements to make their injuries recover faster. All of them only have minor injuries, so they will recover fast.

"It's good that we didn't lose anyone and they all just got some scratches," says Palu.

"Yeah, this means that our men are strong even against some elites from Marine," says Cricket.

"Elites? Those guys are?" asks Enel with a disbelief tone.

"Yeah, they are considered as elite soldiers. Being able to enter a Vice Admiral unit means that they are stronger than most people in their ranks," says Deon.

"You are correct but also wrong," says Buggy.

"Huh? What do you mean?" asks Deon.

"You are correct that they are considered as elites and stronger than most people in their ranks. But you also need to count the number of Vice Admirals. If we assume that each Vice-Admiral has 500 elites, then there will be thousands of them. Then there are those who are under Admirals & Fleet Admiral. If you look at it that way, there are just too many elites here," says Buggy.

"Hmm, that makes them sound less impressive," says Mantis.

"It is, they are just people who are ranked in thousands or early ten thousand. Even 10 thousand of them are no match for Grandline's Rear Admiral. So the word 'Elite' isn't entirely correct. Although they certainly get some good treatment compared to the lower ranks," says Buggy as he holds a cutlass that they took from the Marine.

"Yeah, their weapons are good. Marine really has a lot of money," says Palu.

"They have the biggest organization behind them, so money is never a problem. Anyway, we will distribute these weapons to our men and save the rest. That big katana can be used to make other weapons," says Buggy.

"The materials must be high grade, it is a Vice Admiral's weapon, after all," says Jude.

"You're right. That's why I start to think that we will need people to maintain our weapons, or maybe even made them. Palu & his team are good at maintaining, but they aren't specialists. I think we need a weaponsmith and some other craftsmen," says Cricket.

"Hmm, that's not a bad idea, we can put them in my team. But the max is 3 people because we will need at least 3 shipwrights to maintain our ship," says Palu.

"Well, if you agree with it then I don't have any complaints. Let's find a weaponsmith, a tailor, and a... whatever it is that we'll find," says Buggy.

"I want to have a music instrument crafter," says Brook.

"Well, if we can find someone then fine. It will be better if they can play music too so they can join your team," says Buggy.

The Clowns keep going to the next island which is Water 7 while talking about a few more things. They don't aware that the Marine soldiers on Long Ring Long Land are having a hard time right now because their things have gone. Not like the Clowns care about it, at least they still let the soldiers alive, after all.

On the way to Water 7, Buggy keeps training his newly achieved advanced level Armament Haki. It is still the Emission level, not the internal destruction level, but it's a good step. For the next level, he needs to add his Conqueror Haki onto his Armament.

It won't be easy but he's sure he will achieve it. New World has many powerful individuals that will make him use all his power too. By fighting those people, he is sure that he can strengthen his Armament further.

Buggy teaches this advanced level Armament Haki to Cricket & Palu. They already have high-level masteries over their Armament Haki, after all. If they can at least reach the Emission level before they fight against Beasts Pirates, then their winning chance will get higher.

"So this advanced level will increase our attack power but also consume more energy?" asks Cricket.

"Yeah, that's why you need to keep training your Armament Haki every day. Use them every day until you run out of Haki. Then your Haki energy will increase after you recover," says Buggy.

"We know, that's what you always said. But it isn't that easy to achieve, right?" asks Palu.

"Of course, it won't. But you can at least increase your Haki energy reserve and also increase your Haki's hardness. Our enemies in New World are at a different level from those in Paradise. We might fight for days there, so you will need to use a lot of energy. You can't afford to run out of Haki at crucial times or you'll get killed," says Buggy seriously.

Cricket & Palu get serious too and they nod in agreement. They are still trying to improve their Observation Haki to reach the advanced level. But Buggy tells them that leveling up their Armament is more important for now.

It's also easier to do than getting future sight of Observation Haki. The proof is that many strong samurais in Wano can use advanced level Armament. As for future sight, only a few people are known to have it in the series.

The crew finally recover after a day and they start training again. They all know that if they still have a hard time fighting those Marine soldiers, then it will be harder in New World. None of them want to lose their lives, so they need to be stronger.

Buggy really likes their hard work and they work even harder after he gives them new weapons. Now Buggy is sure that his crew can be very strong because they are hard workers. Even though most of them have low talents, he believes that hard work is better than talent.

"I can't wait for the future. If they can keep this up for 20 years, then we will be able to wreak Havoc in Summit War. I need to make sure they keep getting stronger for the next 20 years," says Buggy while watching his crew trains.

The future seems bright in Buggy's eyes. But that will happen if they can get past their biggest obstacle right now, Kaido.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 213 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 224 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)