118. Proofing Ties

Palu & his parents hug each other for some minutes. It's their first meeting after 26 years, so they need time to release their emotions. Soconut returns to the palace while The Clowns are waiting under a nearby tree.

"How could you guys suddenly appear here?" asks Ruff with an angry tone.

"We saw the three of you walking together with that Soconut guy in the town. We got curious and follow you from behind," says Mantis.

"Tch, you should've just called us, no need to surprise me like that. Captain, you've known this, don't you?" asks Ruff, still with a pissed tone.

Buggy just grins & nods, making Ruff gets even more pissed. He can't scream because Palu is having an emotional moment with his parents. So he can only bite his collar and scream internally.

"*Sniff* We never thought that you'd found Palu's homeland and even found his parents," says Jude while still sniffing.

"How did you find out about his parents though?" asks Manba.

Buggy then tells them the story of how they found out about this. The three are very unimpressed by how Buggy handled things in the palace. But they also know that it was the most effective way.

After finishing the hug, Palu calls them and introduces them to his parents. But he introduces himself first because his name is different from the one that his biological parents gave him.

"So your name is Palu now, that's a good name," says Bani.

"What's the name that you gave him as a baby?" asks Buggy.

"We named him Raphael. A name that we took after a legendary Angel," says Diane while still holding Palu's face dearly.

"Woah, that's a very good name. You should use it, Palu. Maybe you can combine both of your names," says Manba.

"Alright, that's a good idea. But before that, I want us to do something. Can we check if we're really biological family?" asks Palu seriously.

Bani & Diane are surprised and Diane says with a shaky voice, "A-Are you doubting that we are your parents?"

"It's not about doubting or not, but I want real proof. I know I have the same characteristics as your son and I'm 99% sure that you are my parents. But I want to make it 100% with this last test," says Palu.

"Alright, I think you're right about this. What is the test?" asks Bani.

"DNA test, huh?" says Manba.

"Exactly," replies Palu.

"Hmm? What is that?" asks Bani confusedly.

Manba then explains about the DNA test to Bani & Diane. The medical study in Birka is not that advanced compared to Blue Seas. Even in Blue Seas, Manba's homeland is more advanced than other places.

The DNA test is known in the Torino Kingdom and they study it. As the best doctor in there, of course, Manba can do a DNA test. Palu knows this, so he offers this method to find out if they're his real biological parents.

"Alright, I agree with you," says Bani.

"Darling?!" says Diane with a disagreeing tone.

"We need to do it, honey. We need to find the truth before we go too far. It's better to accept the bitter truth in the beginning rather than in the end. Besides, you are sure that he is our son, right?" asks Bani.

"Of course," replies Diane seriously.

"Then you don't need to be afraid. Believe in your intuition," says Bani.