83. Training in Karate Island

After 2 months of exploration on South Blue and visiting all the islands, the Clown finally reaches the last island that they want to visit, Karate Island. Buggy wants his crew to stay here for 6 months to train.

"I want you to train your combat skills. My requirement is still the same, you need to be able to use at least one type of haki in 6 months. As for Cricket & Mantis who have been able to use 1 type of haki, I want you to train the other type too," says Buggy.

Karate Island has many dojos and battle arenas. They can use any training method that they want to use here. They can train in dojos or join battles in arenas.

Buggy just wants them to get stronger as preparation for Grandline. Their names have grown too big, so their journey will be more difficult in Grandline. Marine Vice-Admirals might come after them because all Vice-Admirals work in Grandline.

Buggy lets them do what they want other than training as long as they don't create big problems. The crew understands and will do as Buggy says. They know the importance for them to raise their strength.

They all then make a schedule for the ship's guard duty. Everyone including Buggy will take turns to guard the ship every day. They'll also sleep on the ship to reduce the living cost in the next 6 months.

After everything's ready, they leave the ship to explore the island. Palu will guard the ship today because he also wants to check the ship's condition.

Palu still has his fear of women, but at least he can talk with Jude & Mantis normally now although he still keeps his distance. He still can't talk with other women without hiding behind something though.

The others leave the island and explore it first. They need to know this island first before deciding on what to do for their training.

They spread and explore the island individually to cover all areas in one day. They will report their finding later after they return to the ship.

Buggy goes to the Blackmarket like usual to find information. He will buy information about this island and the world. It is the fastest way to know things in general. His crewmates' exploration will add the details that he can't find.

There's no big news that takes his interest after buying the information. It's still about the rising number of Pirate Crews in the world.

There's still no news about Red Hair Pirates too until now. It seems they've really gone into hiding after gaining too much of Marine & WG's attention.

Buggy leaves the Blackmarket and goes to explore the town. He finds many dojos and arenas all over the town. He checks any place that might be useful for his crew and note them.

The Clowns keep exploring the town until evening. Then they return to their ship before dinner. They discuss their finding while Mantis cook their food.

Everyone report their finding on the island. They also have judged the dojos and arenas that they've found and check. They even scored them and ranked them to find the best place.

"Dinner's ready," says Mantis while placing some plates on the table.

"Let's eat first and continue the discussion after dinner," says Buggy.

Everyone nods and they start their dinner. No one in the crew dare to not eat when their food has been cooked by Mantis. Even Buggy is afraid of it and will stop anything that he does if Mantis has called them to eat.

She is very scary when it comes to eating time. She will even beat Buggy if he doesn't come to eat after she called him. Mantis knows the importance of food for their health, that's why she is very strict with their eating schedule and nutrition.