Finding the bright side

Whoa! Glove save by Seggi. Oh, what a save! He'll have an imprint of a puck in his palm, after that one!

I watched as the goalie started freaking out after seeing the large purplish-red mark on his hand as he grunted in pain.

I was now off the ice sitting next to Charlie as Adam speeded down the ice.

Heres Banks starts onto the ice, moves along the left-wing side, now moves into centre but--does a spinning move! A great move to the blue line. Banks all alone.

I watched as he winded up for a wrist shot.

He shoots!

The puck went straight into the net as both our team and the crowd cheered.

He scores!

He put his hands up in celebration before I saw one of the Iceland players wacks his stick across Adams's wrist in anger.

"That's a call!" I yelled as I stood up with the rest of my team.

The ref blew the whistle as he pushed the player back as all of our players on the ice circled Adam asking if he was okay.

After a few seconds, they all skated away cheering. I think they had thought Adam was okay but if I'm being honest he didn't look it.

I watched as he took his glove off and tried moving his wrist but as I watched him try, the pain shown on his face got worse.

I refocused my attention to the penalty box as I heard a deep voice yell. "I want a piece of you Sanderson! You're mine!" It was Dean. The boy in the penalty box laughed as Dean tried hoping the glass before being pulled down by two men.

It was five minutes later and I was watching the game as Charlie had gotten the puck. "Come on Charlie! That's it!" I cheered as he speeded toward the front of the net.

He then took his shot but tripped and went gliding straight into the net.

I cringed as the loud buzzer filled my ears indicating that the game was over and that we had lost.

I sighed.

12-1

We tried at least. But I wish that we had gotten a better outcome. Like maybe just a few more goals. I mean I'm fine with the loss because we were bound to lose at least once but I guess it would have been better if the score was closer.

We all skated off the bench and then off the ice as we made our way to the dressing room. I began to take my equipment off as I saw Coach Bombay enter to which I stopped to listen to what he had to say.

"Twelve to one. Do you know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Hm? Pathetic!" He told us as we all looked down. "You guys were brought here to play hockey."

"What about you?"

"What about me, Jesse?" Coach Bombay asked as he walked towards the boy until he turned his attention to Julie as she then spoke up as well.

"Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us."

"And you spend your time driving around in convertibles talking to those sponsor fools," Luis said backing up the argument.

"Or hanging around with the Iceland lady. We saw you two Saturday night." Fulton said as Dean continued the argument but instead with a question. "Eating ice cream with the enemy, huh coach?"

a shocked look was placed on both mine and everybody else's faces as we looked at Coach Bombay in disgust.

"What?" I asked as everybody else questioned as well. We were all in confusion about what was going on but I couldn't help but feel a little hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if anybody else did too.

Coach gave a glare to us all as he then yelled. "Hey. Hey, what I do is none of your business. Is that clear?"

I looked at him and scoffed as I started taking off my equipment again with everybody else.

"Hey! Don't take those pads off! Everyone stay in your gear. We have practice." he yelled as I groaned and Goldberg questioned. "Tonight?" he asked with a confused look.

Coach just nodded as we all sighed and skated onto the ice. He put us into lines so that we were standing next to each other before he blew the whistle.

In sync, we all skated from the blue line to the red line and stopped before repeating it over, and over, and over again until the practice was finally over.

Once we were back to our dorms I took a quick shower before getting in my PJs. I was about to go into bed before I heard a knock on my door.

I opened it up to see Charlie standing there with a small smile on his face as he walked in practically letting himself in because I never said a word until he was standing in my dorm.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he laid in my bed letting out a big yawn opening his arms. It looked like he was waiting for a hug but I didn't know for sure so I just stood there in confusion until he spoke up.

"Are you just gonna stand there or am I gonna have to grab you myself?" he asked while I laughed.

He smiled before standing up and walking towards me. I looked up to see him looking down at me with a small grin before I feel his hands move to my waist.

My feet were then lifted off the ground as I let out a yelp. He laughed, placing me on my bed before laying down on top of me.

He was holding one of my hands as his head laid on my stomach. His eyes were closed as he let out soft snores that could barely be heard.

'How did he fall asleep so quickly?' I wondered as I smiled at his sleeping figure before closing my eyes and dosing off as well.

At least at the end of the day, there was a bright side.