Ducks fly together

Sanderson stopped right in front of me as he was held back by Dwayne. He let out a grunt as he was pulled to the ice.

I heard cheers all around me as Dwayne smiled at me. I smiled slowly skating towards the two of them. "Get up there! Where I come from, we treat ladies with respect." Dwayne yelled as I came into the fight.

"Thank you, Dwayne. But I'm no lady." I started before looking over at Sanderson. "I'm a duck!" I yelled, pushing the boy over.

"Come on!" I yelled down at him as the ref blew the whistle. "Way to go, you little filly," Dwayne said as the ref pulled him away.

I started skating off as Sanderson got up. "I'll get you for th--" he started before falling on his face. I looked back, a smirk plastered on my face as I gave him a small wave and went to the bench.

Referee taking Robertson over to the penalty box. What are they gonna call this penalty? It's two minutes for--

Roping?

That's a new one for me. We're at the end of the second period. Iceland has a commanding four-to-one lead.

The buzzer went off as our team went to the dressing room. "Did you all enjoy that?" Coach Bombay asked while walking into the room. "Yeah!" I cheered along with everybody else.

Coach Bombay nodded his head. "Okay well, so did they, because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat."

I sighed and sat down on my stool. "If we can't beat them, we might as well keep our pride," Jesse said as we all agreed.

"Jesse, that's not pride." he started. "Sure, when Dwayne roped that big Oaf, part of me cheered. But, guys, I've been there. I know how you feel." he said walking around where all of us sat.

"I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors. And I really, really wanted to go after Stansson for that cheap shot. But you know what?" Bombay asked pointing at all of us.

"My knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well, then, I lost more than my knee. You understand?" he finished as I nodded my head.

"Yeah." we all muttered as he walked to his normal spot. "We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves." he finished before pointing.

"You. Who are you?" he asked as Dean looked around. "Dean Portman," he said. "From where?" Bombay continued. "Chicago, Illinois," Portman said before Coach pointed at Guy.

"You."

"Guy Germaine," he said before coach cut him off. "From where?" he asked as Guy spoke again. "From St. Paul, Minnesota"

"You." Bombay pointed again. "Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota."

Coach nodded. "Who are you?" He asked. "Julie Gaffney from Bangor, Maine."

Coach pointed again. "Luis Mendoza. Miami, Florida." Luis said standing up.

I smiled and stood up too. "Y/N L/N. Amsterdam, New York." Goldberg then lifted himself up as well. "Greg Goldberg. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

"Les Averman. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota."

"Fulton Reed. Stillwater, Minnesota."

"Russ Tyler. South Central, Los Angeles."

"Charlie Conway. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Ken Wu. San Francisco, California."

"Connie Moreau. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Adam banks. Edina, Minnesota."

"Dwayne Robertson. Austin, Texas."

"Michele Mackay. Duluth, Minnesota."

"And I'm Gordon Bombay. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

We all clapped our hands and cheered as Coach Bombay started walking in the middle of us. "Were team USA, gathered from all across America. And we're gonna stick together. You know why?" he asked as Jan walked into the room behind him.

"Because we are ducks. And ducks fly together." Jan answered as Coach smiled and pointed. "That's right, Jan," he said walking to go stand beside Jan.

"And just when you think they're about to break apart--" he started as we all smiled and yelled at once. "Ducks fly together!" Miss Makay looked back at us. "And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black--" she said. "Ducks fly together!" we chanted.

Dwayne then spoke up as well. "When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture--" he started as we all looked around. "Uh, okay." Coach stuttered as we all then yelled. "Ducks fly together!"

"And when everybody says it can't be done--" Bombay started as we all grinned. "Ducks fly together."

"Now, new ducks and old ducks must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps something like this." Jan said before handing all of us a jersey.

I looked at the front of it holding it up by the shoulders and smiled. "Ducks fly together," I mumbled.