Tiredness and stretches

We were in the middle of class and let me tell you everybody was exhausted and not even a little bit but extremely.

Luis was asleep on his desk as everybody else was on the verge of being the same. The only thing keeping me somewhat awake was the fact that Charlie was holding my hand underneath the desk squeezing it every time I shut my eyes for a few seconds.

Eventually, our teacher walked over to Luis and shook him as he mumbled inaudible things. "Luis," she said sighing as he picked up his head and apologized.

Once we were finally over with class Connie thought it would be a good idea for us to at least stretch since our practice was cancelled.

Thank God for that.

I couldn't handle another practice and I don't think anybody else could either. It was exhausting. We were doing the same thing over and over again. Blueline to the red line, blue line to the red line. Every single minute of every single practice. It was repetitive.

"And hold, two, three--" Somebody counted as we all touched our shoe.

Julie then spoke up as we switched sides now touching our other shoe. "Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" she asked as another voice answered.

"We have a game tonight. We have to work out."

Goldberg sighed getting up from the stretch. "I say mutiny. Who's with me?"

Dwayne's southern voice then spoke back to Goldberg raising his hand in the air. "Goldberg. I'm too tired to mutiny."

I then got up as well putting my hands on my knees. "Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning," I said as Dean then spoke.

"Speak for yourself, babe," he said as Charlie got up and walked over to him.

"Her names Y/N not babe," Charlie defended as anger struck throughout his voice.

"Don't tell me how to talk!" Dean yelled giving Charlie a small shove.

Charlie then pushed him back as Fulton came up and put a hand on Dean's chest. "Portman, chill!" he yelled as everybody started fighting with each other.

"Yo, team USA, what are you gonna do today, a million jumping jacks?" a boy said from across the road as Dean pointed to him. "This kid is crazier than me. Forget about him," he said reaching his hand out to grab Fulton. "Hey, Fulton!"

I felt a light tap on my arm as I looked up to see Charlie. A worried expression plastered on his face as he spoke up. "Are you okay?" he asked as I gave him a slight smile.

"I'm fine," I reassured as he grinned as well pulling me into a hug, resting his chin on the top of my head. The moment was cut short when Jesse yelled at the kid.

"Hey, man, I'm getting sick of you!" he said as me and Charlie let go. Confused expressions are shown on both of our faces.

The kid rolled his eyes. "And I'm getting sick of seeing the USA represented by a bunch of whining babies."

Jesse opened his arms in defence. "Well too bad you can't back up that mouth," he said as the other kid walked forward. "Me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere."

Jesse scrunched up his face at the sentence. "I don't see no boys," he said to the boy. The kid nodded his head with a smile. "I got 'em waiting," he answered
as his grin grew bigger. "Grab your gear and let's go play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride."

A man in a bright red coat pulled the kid out of the area after he finished what he was saying. "Come on, it's not too far, you little wimps." He continued as he protested about leaving the area.

"You comin' or not?" He yelled as we all looked at each other before nodding and grabbing our gear, going to the concreted area he told us to go to.

We were all standing in a group in front of theirs as the boy in the middle spoke. "My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been chokin' big time."

Jesse rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Well your brothers got a big mouth." He said as we all had nervous looks on our faces while russ's brother glared at us.

His brother looked towards Russ as he spoke. "He does, doesn't he?" He said blankly as Russ let out a big cheeky grin. "Anyways, we thought we'd call y'all out to see what you got." He continued as I smiled and softly nodded.

Russ than continued the speech instead of his brother. "We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs."

Luis shook his head. "We can do more than that." He said as Russ's brother cut him off. "Yeah? Well we can teach you how to play like real team USA."

I looked over to Dean as he looked Russ's brother up and down. "What would you know about it?" He asked as Russ's brother looked over at his team members before looking back at us.

He nodded his head as he smiled, looking at us all.