Chapter 9: Miscalculation

Central Calendar Year 1639, 17th of June
Qua Toynese-Laurian National Border

20Km away from Border town Gim
Laurian Forward operation Base

Let's recount a bit on what happened.

In the early morning, under the clear blue skies. A large formation of calvaries lined up in field. A sizeable contingent for the planned force reconnaissance behind enemy lines, there are drafts of plans for increasing the initial number of recon forces but where rejected due to pointlessly excessive number that could possibly garnered unnecessary hostile attentions.

And the mission given to them, is to find any possible weakness about the enemy fortification and personnels. Also, they were strictly prohibited to engage against the enemy forces at all cost. Once they ever discovered, retreat is the only option and if not possible, fight to breakthrough against them is a valid choice.

The one leading them is Vars 2nd son of venerable General Junfila, graduated with the highest abilities and commendation in royal knights academy. And the second in command, the man called Red eye Jove, a former criminal (ex-convict) turned banditry, then recruited due to his famed cruelty and skills in battle, that considered as very valuable for the war efforts. Both of them, tasked with such precariously mission that could be considered as suicidal approach against unkown hostile forces supporting the Qua Toynese armed forces.

"Jove are the preparations completed?"

"Yes, Vars-dono. We could carry out our mission at any given moment-only waiting for your authorization"

"Hmmm" nodding at the response. Vars then said " Men! Let's move out!"

Over hundred and fifty calvary, started to March in two line formation.

Upon entering the tunnels that been built during mythological era, where demon lord Nosgorath, once ruled the Philades and set eyes to rodenius, aiming to eradicate the elven population that could potentially threatened their aim of conquering the world.

The battle was so intense it nearly wipe out half of the continent's population within decades of fighting. The position of the anti-demon lord allied forces was so inferior they resorted asking their goddesses for help, which unexpectedly in return  turned the tides of battle after the arrival of emissaries of the sun. Packed with mighty power that scorched the earth, iron land dragons that trampled demons, enormous ships that shook the earth in every shots accompanied with ear shattering noise it emitted.

"Hmmm... This place is truly fascinating"

"Indeed vars-dono... To think this place have been built thousands of years ago and standing still"

" Sure thing, with this place we will not only out maneuvers the enemies, we also could use it as cover against the iron dragons that enemies employed"

"Yeah... A iron dragons that could defeat thousands of warriors is a bit outlandish. But, when we saw the defeated appearances of vanguard forces. That's the only moment I believe it"

"Me too, at first. but General Junfila, my father advised me to exercise extreme caution out at skies, we will not do the same mistakes before and win this war of eradication of filthy sub-humans and against those disqualified nations that supporting them"

" Definitely Vars-dono, we shall vanquished the undesirable existence called sub-humans"

Saying with wicked smile. Jove really liked to influence Vars with his twisted facades. The talks lasted for a while, and After the 4-hours march, they manage see the exit and depart from the tunnel.