Chapter 113: Checkmark

In the skies of Nurzaga, a large hovering machine, out of this world, flew at a speed of over 200 kilometers per hour, armed with 3 twin 15cm Verite mass acceleration cannons and 6 Atatres II 25mm rotary cannons, levitated by Argonne-Taxe Gravity Manipulator engines of the Ravernal Ministry of Heavy Industry. It stood as one of the few legacies of the ravernals left behind on new world. However, without their mark, instead, the Annonrial Imperial Wings stood there, a dark wing with swords, far different from the ravernal coat of arms, but certainly of the same roots — the Pal Chimera, a suborbital armed transport and colony builder type. One of the few dozens left in service after thousands of years since they were built by their makers.

Studying their ELINT instrument, observing the impact of core magics fired from S'vam, they looked appalled by what they saw instead. The intended wholesale destruction was halted; those projectiles were intercepted from the skies, orbit, and space — dimensions yet to be reached by Annonrial technological levels. It was being showcased before their eyes as if spitting directly in their faces.

"What are those?!" shouted the captain of the Pal Chimera, unable to comprehend what he was seeing before his eyes. "How?!" he shouted, as if demanding answers that none of his men in the bridge could provide.

"They're flying above the atmosphere! 60,000 feet at a speed almost twice the speed of sound! None of our aircraft can reach them, yet they're shooting them down!" he exclaimed, as AMRAAM missiles effortlessly slammed into the core magics, followed by interceptions from Patriot missiles on the ascending projectiles, and the final blow came from THAADs shooting down those that reached the terminal phase.

The bright flashes of light could be seen as far as their location 180 kilometers away. Unable to comprehend how this was possible, the captain was originally ordered to observe the impact and assess the capabilities of the enemies from afar, using the advanced capabilities of the Pal Chimera. To their surprise, all of the ballistic missiles about to strike the armies of ASEAN were wiped out. Some of the missiles veered off, falling short, but they weren't shot down, probably deemed safe to leave alone. Thus, the spared missiles fell to the Nurzagan side and their own army, causing astounding casualties in the blink of an eye.

"Sir, we should withdraw. The ASEAN have fighters in the vicinity, actively attacking our air assets. We might get discovered and be attacked," one of his men uttered, breaking the silence.

"How bothersome," he said, clicking his tongue, returning back to reality. There's no second strike, no point in staying here when there are obvious enemy fighters flying overhead. ASEAN already flies over Nurzaga, violating as much as they please — as if it's their airspace without opposition. The Annonrial and Nurzaga are hopelessly unable to take them on, only their barks from their missile systems and anti-aircraft guns that fail to reach the altitude or even threaten the Southeast Asians since the initiation of war on Philades.

"Withdraw. There's nothing to relay other than the fact that the enemies successfully intercepted the majority of our attacks. Emphasize the enemy's advanced and dangerous capabilities to shoot down ballistic weapons during the ascending flight and at the terminal phase," he said to everyone else as they began to return to a buzzing state. "Make them properly understand that piecemeal attacks may not work anymore," he concluded as he gazed at the balls of light on the horizon.

Unbeknownst to them, something was lurking nearby.
_________________

Flying at subsonic speed 90 kilometers away, two lurking F-35A fighter jets followed by four loyal wingman MQ-28 Ghost Bats from Esthirant silently preyed on the Pal Chimera after receiving directions from ground control. Bullseye on the target. Without even properly taking orders on the direction, they could see them very clearly on radar, and the size is definitely large — 250 meters in diameter, like a flying ship.