Journey

Authors note: Thank you guys so much for all the awesome comments! I was going to wait but you guys inspired me so I hurried up and wrote this chapter. Enjoy!

...

...

...

“Answer me!” I yell into the phone as I’m put on hold for the millionth time today.

“They still won’t put you through?” Andy asks as Lexi braids her hair. We’re all in my room as I unsuccessfully try to call the Ultraleague.

“No. You’d think I’m trying to get ahold of a top secret department in an organization of superheroes or something,” I grin, “Oh wait I am.”

“But Brian’s your friend,” Andy pouts, “He should always have time to take your calls.”

“Maybe it’s because he’s a self absorbed jerk who’s too shallow to realize that even though he might be super smart he can still be an idiot,” Lexi grumbles as she poofs up Andy’s hair.

“Uh yah, maybe that’s it,” I shrug. Can anyone say bitter? “But I really need to get ahold of him. Vigor’s up to something and he’s targeting my old team, I need to warn them… You know what? That’s it. If Brian won’t answer then I’m going to go tell him in person.”

“In person?” Andy screeches as she flies off the bed, sending Lexi rocking back, and zooming to where I’m standing, “Like in Ultracity! You’re going to Ultracity!”

“That I am and you’re coming with me.”

Andy let’s out an ear-piercing scream of joy as she pulls me into a hug, “Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you so much Dante!”

“Andy… crushing… me,” I gasp out and Andy let’s me go.

“Sorry I’m just so excited, I mean it’s the Ultraleague. I need to go ask my mom.”

“Sure,” I nod, “Go ahead. I’ll call and make arrangements. We’ll just be going for the weekend.”

“Okay! See you soon!” Andy grins before zooming out my window at super speed.

“You sure you want to do this,” Lexi says, “You know who lives in Ultracity, right?”

“He’ll be busy. I mean really what are the odds I’d run into him?” I shrug as I turn on my computer to buy tram tickets, “Besides this is something I need to do.”

Lexi let’s out a sigh. “Fine. Say hi to Brian for me,” she coos sarcastically.

“Maybe I will!” I shout back as she leaves my room. I haven’t been to Ultracity in years, it’ll be a trip to remember.

Ultracity here I come.