24. Roselyn, can you-

Alright sweet pies I'm sorry for this one.
Also genuinely terrified to post this one.
!mentions of blood!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've been upset since work called what's wrong?" I watched his arms wrap around me in the mirror as his nose touched my neck. I wanted to melt like putty into his hands.

  "It's nothing really." I shut my eyes because his lips touched my neck like an angels feathers. I felt like the devil for keeping it from him.

  "Are you sure?" He rested his chin on my shoulder looking at me in the mirror. Even now I saw horns on my head and a pitch fork resting in my palm.

  "I don't know." My hand reaches up and holds his cheek. "Harry," I wanted to cry because everything is unfair. He didn't deserve to have me desert him and I didn't want to leave.

  "Take a breath, Care-bear." I could feel him lead by example, his chest reaching out to kiss my back. "Come here." He sat on the edge of the bed. "Now go ahead."

  "Work you know how they are." I couldn't look at him. "Well you know." I sat beside him and he set his hand on my leg, I rose instead.

  "Care-bear please. I'm sure things will seem better after you tell me, please breathe again." I looked at him and nodded.

  "I have to go."

  "What?" He stood to his feet. "Why?" It wasn't angry or accusing but worried.

  "Work they called and they have a client they took on who they can't handle on their own and someone is already out here so they are taking my place for the time being and I have to go back Saturday." It all fell in a waterfall one word after the other and it felt horrible like the water was murky and slimy in how it dropped from my lips. "I'm sorry." I wanted to cry but I held back the sting behind my eyes.

"How long have you known?" I saw how he shifted.

"A month or so.." I hated how long it took me to speak up about.

I knew I'd disappoint him as I had my mother, my father, my sister. I stalled so much I just didn't want to hear him disappointed in me. I'd heard it so much before but never him it's always the opposite I knew for som reason it'd hurt more from him.

"Just go what do you mean? No, no I signed that I'd work with your company till the end of tour I specifically asked for you " It wasn't disappointment but anger I hadn't witnessed.

"Yeah, my company not me." I reasoned.

"No one else can do it? Why can no one else do it?" His frustration seeped into his words to me. It wasn't me but the situation.

"Because I'm the only one qualified. Look maybe it's better if I just go and work it out." I couldn't lose this job.

"Go are you kidding! do you want to go?"
His brows creased arms open.

"Maybe? I don't know." I spoke in a moment without thinking.

His expression broke, as if I'd been swinging an axe at wood that wouldn't crack till it's final hit. The air went stale in the room. My stomach in my throat.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out roughly. As he answered I knew it must be something important. I wasn't satisfied. We were supposed to finish this conversation I needed to clear up my thoughts. I waited so we could talk about it and now we wouldn't.

  "I don't even know what to do right now." He pulled the phone from his ear tugging on shoes. "I have to go."

  "But- I wanted to talk." He looked at me tugging himself in different directions.