13. Her Lethal Pout

Cassius POV

As I carry her to the entrance of my home I can't help but worry about how light she feels, she does keep telling me she feels sick... Maybe we should go to the doctors or something.

She mutters under her breath while crossing her arms "I swear I'm gonna tickle you if you pick me up like a damn doll again." Even through what she said was quite scary, her pouting face makes me want to laugh, she is amazingly cute at times.

Wanting to rile her up more, in hopes of being rewarded with more of her cute expressions I question, "Well than doll, do you know what will happen if you tickle me?"

She looks up at me questioningly, and I pretend to drop her, making her scream startled and grab me by the neck holding me tightly. I chuckle at her actions, wandering how she can be both this adorable girl, but also a strong warrior. She tries her hardest to show everyone that she's strong, but in reality everyone knew she was fierce, the problem was she doubted herself.

Through I use the excuse that picking her up is easier than wheeling her around everywhere, in reality I just love holding her.

She fits perfectly in my arms.

While opening the door and ignoring her murderous glare, I think about how her brown, big eyes lit up when I told her about my father's library.

It was a cheap tactic I know, but I hated how she flinched and panicked when the knock on the door came.

Not that I blame her. The Morgan's were vile people through and through.

I was ready to throw them out the second I saw them, but I knew Alettra wouldn't want me to do anything that undermined her. It was her place and her situation with them, so I held myself back and watched in awe in how she dealt with them.

If all she wanted was support, I would happily give that her.

Slowly looking up at the big house I called home, I had lived there for a while, as it was left to me as inheritance when my parents died in a car crash when I was 10. Leaving me and my 3 year old brother to live with my grandparents.

My parents were the best, and I'm sad my brother didn't get enough time with them. He had admitted that envied me for that too, on that night...

As I enter the house, Alettra's mouth is open taking in the surroundings.

It was big and quite extravagant with chandeliers but that was my dad and mum, definitely not me.

Alettra fidgets in my arms as I go to the stairs and I ask her what's wrong. "I wanna see the library, Cass", I chuckle about to decline but then I see her wide eyes and pout and give in.

This girl holds too much power, but weirdly I don't really care. When I open the double doors to my dad's library, she gasps and flies out of my arms and standing up.

I'm worried for a moment and try to help her but she brushes past me determined to explore.

"Cassius, this is amazing."

For someone with bruised ribs she's walking about well, maybe that's the effect books have on her.

The library is a circular room with filled bookcases in the wall, my dad use to call it his haven.

She spots something on the other side and claps gleefully.

"Yay, you have all the Harry Potter's."

Damn. If this is the effect books have on her I'd buy her hundreds of libraries.

Anything for that smile.