Epilogue

5 years later...

What was normally referred to as the day Cyrus died, this was now known as the day of Clara's Birth to the growing family.

Clara played with her 2 year old brother, Aurelius Cyrus Ardent, the older girl telling the younger sibling to sit still so she could read to him.

Or tried too anyway, Aurelius was too busy running around with his Pikachu plushie, giggling as he tormented his sister.

The couple were surprised when they found out they were pregnant again. Cassius was apprehensive of the situation, worried that his wife's body wouldn't be able to handle child birth again, especially how the aftermath of Clara haunted him.

Alettra had reassured him how this time was different, she was healthy now, much better now. She had her bad days, but would bounce back quickly, instantly even.

Despite Alettra's assurance, Cassius was still a pain when she was pregnant, telling her she needed 'rest.'

Problem was, Alettra Reddy Ardent didn't do 'rest'. Alettra had moved up the ranks in the museum, working overtime and travelling sometimes. Cassius always supported her in everything she did.

She was an integral part of that museum.

Once Aurelius was born though, it made all the worrying worth it.

He was the splitting image of his father. Gorgeous brown hair and the same blue gems as eyes, but tanned skin more like his mother's. However, ever since he was born he was an energetic child, always bouncing around.

Clara loved helping her mum look after him, but unlike her he loved mess. When he would make a mess, Clara would just walk off unbothered.

Clara was exactly like Alettra, but without the timidness Alettra had. She was unapologetic, especially towards her best friend Nicholas Dumas.

They were always arguing, but fought anyone who would start on one of them individually. They were practically joined at the hip, and their duo was similar to Ronnie and Cassius' friendship.

Ronnie walks through the door smiling as both of the children run to him in excitement shouting his name. Aurelius especially was enamoured by Ronnie, the two were always play fighting, filling the room with giggles.

Ronnie hands Clara her presents for her birthday, the box wrapped in her favourite colour, red.

She laughed while holding the box. It matched her beautiful red dress, and red flowers in her hair. Her black shiny locks were still in a graceful bun, done prior for her ballet practice that morning.

Clara loved ballet, and excelled at it. Clara asked for the photo of her namesake and grandmother, Adeline Ardent from her Swan Lake performance. She would look at it everyday in awe. She looked up to her grandmother.

Clara was also undeniably beautiful, like her mother, her features and eyes left people in awe. It was obvious their son was going to have the same reaction from others, especially alongside his cheerful nature.

Alettra's parents had already treated both children to ice cream earlier that day, as well as giving Clara her presents. They continued to spoil the children, but the children just loved spending time with their grandparents.

After Ronnie leaves, Alettra starts baking the cake, from the recipe Jen gave her as part of her wedding gift. She had managed to master it, decorating was still a struggle, but Clara was there to help.

Clara drew slowly pink hearts all over the red cake in icing as Alettra wrote 'Happy 5th Birthday Clara'. Both of them working as a team as Aurelius watched giggling at Clara's focused expression.