14. Morning Bliss

I wake up to birds chirping, yes, actually chirping. I smile in bliss as I put my head back on my pillow. My hard warm pillow... 

That has it's arms wrapped around me. Big strong arms making me sigh in content as I'm reminded of what happened last night.

I also come to the conclusion that Cassius Ardent is the best cushion in the world. All my life I have rushed out of bed, because the sooner I start the day, the sooner it would be over. Hearing this man's heartbeat puts me at peace, makes me happy to wake up, that not everything in this world is pointless. That it's worth waking up everyday.

But, right now, here on his chest, this is a place I never want to leave.

I look up to see Cassius holding me with his eyes closed, and a small smile. He seems so peaceful, a complete 180 from the state I saw him last night. It was painful walking up to his room, but hearing him scream and whimper pushed me to go on, screw my ribs.

As I move to look at him closer, Cassius quickly wraps his arms around me, pulling me back on his chest.

It feels like I belong here. I laugh at my sappiness, I was normally a nightmare in the morning. Cassius rubs my back, mumbling a good morning while yawning. His soft hair begging to be touch and his body hard and tight.

He looks down at me and quickly unwraps his arms, making me frown. "Are your ribs okay? Did I put to much pressure on you?"

I shake my head while nuzzling my face into his neck, just wanting to stay here for a bit longer. He groans and goes back to holding me, making me laugh. He's like a koala bear.

But then it happens, my stomach, the traitor, grumbles ruining the serenity of the moment.

He laughs, and tells me to get up so we can get some breakfast, before giving me a peck on the forehead.

After I finish in the bathroom getting ready and changed from the clothes I packed, I go downstairs and see Cassius cooking - shirtless.

Oh my God... If all mornings could be like this I would get out of bed sooner. He looks back at me with a frown. "You were suppose to stay in bed Alettra, I didn't want you to go down the stairs yourself." I shrug leaving him to shake his head and turn back to cooking.

So I simply walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him. "Sorry sweetheart I just wanted to get a hug from you", he sighs in disbelief. "You really know the effect you have on me don't you, and you abuse it."

I nod, "Well then lets talk about the effect you have on me, I came all the way downstairs with bruised ribs just to see you", I admit truthfully.

He turns around with tender eyes, and switchs off the cooker and holds me, and we both just sway for a while. The sun's rays beam through the windows and the atmosphere is tranquil.

When we look at eachother, we lean forward slowly his striking eyes trained on my lips...

DING!

We both jump away as that toast pops up, making both of us laugh.

Really?

We cook together laughing and joking but with shy touches here and there. The need to kiss him is so intense, but is comforting because I know he wants it to. Hopefully, that need for eachother won't disappear anytime soon.

But as we sit and eat I can't help but play with my food, making him frown. "Do you want something else Alettra?", I feel guilty and just shake my head and start to eat timidly. Why does it feel like food is ruining everything in my life?