Chapter 39

Dean: "Congratulations Kairi, you are selected to have 2 years full scholarship in one f the art school in Milan. They are very impressed with your performance and your work that is why they didn't hesitate to give you that scholarship... So are you in?"

[Kairi's POV]

2 years of being far from my friends and to him and actually I don't really know what will happen about it. After being given a week to think about it, I start to tell about it to Mina and Hiro and lastly to Ran.

Ran: "That's great opportunity Kai go for it"

Me: "Yeah but it's 2 years" - He was silent for a while as he just stare at the plate he was washing.

Ran: "It's just two years. Time will surely pass by easily Kai." - He smiles at me even though in his eyes there's a sadness.

Me: "You're sad"

Ran: "Yeah, a little" - I hug him from his back as he finished the dishes.

Me: "I'll be back in 2 years but if you tell me to don't go then I can refuse it."

Ran: "Kairi, it's really a rare opportunity. So go on, grow there. I will never hurdle you about anything you want and besides, Milan is just 3 hours away from Padua so I can still be with you there"

Me: "You're going back to Italy after the game?"

Ran: "Yeah, for another contract"

Me: "Wow, congrats too"

Ran: "Thank you, love. Anyways did you already tell your parents about it?"

Me: "Not yet, they are still on duty, maybe tomorrow morning"

Ran: "I see then when is your flight?"

Me: "Next next month I guess"

Ran: "So, wanna go somewhere? Just the two of us? Before we both get busy again? " - he cups my cheeks.

Me: "Then I gladly accept it my love" - I smile at him as he carry me like I'm a child and decided to just watch a movie before going to sleep.

[2 months later...]