Chapter 3: Knights

"You are here to do what now?" The Madame stared at her husband and the guards in anger.

"I told the king that we would give the child to his majesty so he could use it as a sacrifice!" The man looked at the Madame with stern eyes.

"Son if a bitch! I told you so many times! How--how could you?" The Madame broke down onto her knees and started sobbing.

The guards stood there with no visible emotion on their face, as if this was just another normal occurrence. 

"Take it away. I will handle her," the man told the guards.

They did as they were told and and one of them gently lifted me up. I was surprised with how the guard treated me like I was gold. Then I made eye-contact with the one holding me. He seemed to have eyes filled with pity.

"Sir, thank you for collaborating with his highness. We appreciate it. We will now be taking your child. We promise we will handle your child with the utmost amount of care until the en--"

"Yes, yes, do whatever you want. Go now," the man half whispered seemingly impatiently.

The guards silently followed the orders given to them and walked out carrying me.

I stared at them with innocent eyes the whole way there, wherever there was.

They stared back at me ever so often.

This pattern continued until we reached the court. It took seemingly endless hallways to reach this place but we had finally made it. I was still in the process of, well, processing what had just happened.

"Sir, the baby," the guards kneeled down before a dude wearing a crown, probably the emperor or king.

"Good, you know what to do. Wash it, put some clothes on it, feed it well and just get it ready for tomorrow night."

"Yes, your highness."

With that, the guards took me away, and did what they were told to do.