Chapter 27: Advantageous

HELLO THERE FELLOW HUMANS--im back <3...say HURRAH if u like love between the main characters :3 and............gore and death and despair and also im resisting the urge to rewrite the whole story but im not gonna do that cus i understand. i understand pain <3 so I'm gonna go through the pain instead :3 cuz I'm nice  😊
________________________________________

I was about to go out of hiding, when I realized something.

This was a surprise attack on the kingdom. I should at least have released troops to counter attack, though I was sure the military had already been deployed without orders. It was, after all, the most natural thing to do amidst an attack.

Still, I had to do something.

Before that, however, I had to calm Hade down.

The queen's allies were going to come any second.

Wait, why didn't the queen just attack on Asmodeus' birthday? Wouldn't it have been a better surprise?

My brain was too occupied  to answer that. Right now wasn't the time.

I decided to first slowly approach Hade, when I heard another bomb blow.

BOOM!

I watched as Hade looked at where the explosion had occurred with his empty eyes and proceeded to advance towards it.

I should probably stop him before he does something that draws too much attention.

I couldn't let the world know that a human who was supposed to save the world from the hands of the demon king was helping the demon king's kingdom without wanting anything in return.

"Wait!" I shouted. Then I realized that I probably shouldn't have done that. This man was killing everyone he saw. What if he started attacking me? I would have no choice but to fight back and kill him before he killed me.

My worries disappeared when I saw Hade's facial expression go back to the normal, smiley person he was.

His smiling face was a little unnerving since he had blood splattered all over it, but kind of hot.

I shook my head to get back to reality.

I showed Hade a grin and pointed at my face.

"What?" Hade asked, clearly confused by my gesture.

"You've got blood on your face," I replied, a grin still plastered onto my face.

"Oh," Hade started wiping the blood off his face using his sleeves which were even bloodier than his face while walking towards me in a lax manner.

I loved his types. He acted as if murdering people and witnessing an act of terrorism was a normal part of life.

Then again, who knew how long he had been tied to that system of his? How many people had he killed?

As Hade got closer, I started noticing something was off.

His back was slightly bent and he was limping on his left leg. He seemed to be dragging himself just to meet me and he was also sweating buckets.

"Hey," I asked, "Are you okay?"

"Hm?" Hade seemed to realize that I had noticed something and suddenly stood up straighter, "All's good," he said, "Just some...minor injuries...and other stuff."

He had looked like he was handling everything without a cinch. Could it be...?

"Hey, could it be that the poison has been holding you back?"

I knew that I shouldn't have asked immediately after I asked that question. I had to admit, it was a dumb one. If I wanted to, I could do that minor surgery right now and...that to subdue the poison in his body right now, but I didn't want to.

It was obviously starting to take a toll on his body and I felt like I should have been doing something, but I couldn't. At least, not now.

"Where are all the others?" Hade said, ignoring my question and snapping me back into reality.

I had completely forgotten about Asmodeus and Asher.

"They should be fine," I assured him, "I had created a sort of hideout in my room using magic, so even if my place is destroyed it still exists and will protect them.

I left out some minor details like how it was literally air and the amount of people it could fit.

"Okay," Hade sighed with relief, "How's your kings army holding off?"

"Ah...about that."

Our army was huge and could definitely hold off the attack for a while, however I wasn't sure if it could completely stop it. We might need the power of all four of us to screw them over.

"What's wrong?" Hade asked.

"Oh...yeah, they've been deployed." I smiled.

Thing was, even if we fought back, I was pretty sure this attack happened only about 20 chapters before the novels end. It was meant to begin the downfall of lord demon king.

However, since it was too early for that, something might happen that makes it so that this attack stops or something else that would be advantageous to our side.

After all, there was still a long way to go for my journey, and I couldn't have such powerful people die. I needed them to serve me.

————————————————————-
Sorry for the crappy stopping point I just wanted to update lol