Ch 34

heyooo im srry i havent updated in a while was  adapting to school. Uhm I wanted to get this ch out so srry for the stopping point. heheh but you guys might like it :3

warning: unedited. ill check it over tmr i need to sleep i was supposed to be writing an essay rn :_| f my life-

_________________________________________________________

"Ring!"

I rang the old-timey bell thingy attached to an old-timey door. A sign on the door said, "Hurt? You won't know what those words are once you visit us!" with a heart underneath "us."

The directions the girl had given me ended up being accurate, or at least I think. Though the little shop-like structure of this so-called "doctor's office" did not look so promising.

'Dumbass this is like medieval times with more advancements in language....and tech because of magic-' I had to be constantly reminding myself about that.

There was a peep hole through which crystal blue eyes looked through before they disappeared. There was a moment before a friendly looking old man ended up opening the door in a hurried manner and ushered us inside before I could react in any way.

"Your friend over there looks badly injured...please set him on the bed over there—" he pointed to a comfortable looking bed with blue sheets and a pillow with a blue case in the far right corner of the small shop set-up. I immediately followed the instructions and set Hade down on the bed with the utmost care.

Only then did I finally decide to observe my surroundings and quickly determine if this place was going to be of use or not.

There were wooden cabinets lined up on the right wall next to the wooden door. They all had labels, probably names indicating medical herbs and such. In front of the cabinets was a wooden counter. Across from the counter were about 20 beds in total, all cleaned and empty, except for Hade's, which was currently being occupied by yours truly. The beds started about two meters away from the entrance behind the counter and extended to the end of the shop. The beds across from the counter started from around the same area as the other beds and also continued to the edge of the shop. There were two wooden benches occupying the space between the door and the first bed with some space in between of course. All in all, at second glance the "shop" actually looked kind of like a really old and poor hospital. Though I'm sure that's not the case since this setting is in MEDIEVAL TIMES.

'Sighhhhhh 20 years and it's still so fucking hard to remember that I live in a novel universe that takes place in like the 1500's or whatever.'

"So," the old man's friendly voice came from behind the counter, "What happened?"

I got up with a heavy sigh, walked over to the counter, and came face-to-face with the man. Now that I got a closer look at his face, I immediately noticed something.

"Crystal blue, the color of healing water that falls down the mountains in the city of angels. Those are the qualities of a healer. They are said to be children of the angels who decided to bless mankind with the gift of healing."

That's how the novel had described them. Crystal blue eyes were a solid indication that the bearer was a child of the angels. Now that I thought about it, the old grub when I first reincarnated into this world also had "crystal blue" eyes. However, he was a racist piece of shit. I suppose it depends on person to person. Perhaps he was the royal healer?

Meh, who cares. In the end, he's still gonna die.

"Young master?" The old man who had been waiting patiently for an answer finally asked again.