Chapter 10: Work

double update >:'D bye bye stockpiled chapters

but since this chapter is so short-

_________________________________________________

It's been a week.

Asher and Hade are actually pretty good.

In this short week, I have determined that Asher's better at being a guard, his dull yellow eyes scream caution to anyone who gets close. Of course, I have other people keeping an eye on him.

Asmodeus, being a brat as usual, was constantly calling Asher to his room and annoying him, I think.

Hade is a helpful servant. He helps me a lot with the bucket-load of paper-work I'm always getting thanks to a certain someone.

One day, as I was getting ready, Malus came in out of nowhere and gave me a list of chores.

"Guests are coming, make sure everything looks perfect if you don't want to start a possible war."

"What?" I asked surprised, "Why?"

There was a knock on the door, "Come in," I said.

Hade walked in. During this short period of time, he had gotten friendly with almost everyone.

"Need help?" he asked.

"Sure," I replied.

I then turned to look at Malus.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Since you make the best food in the castle-other than me-you need to make food. At least tell the chefs what they should make. They don't know anything."

I turned to look at Hade, "Well you know what to do, follow me."

"M'kay."

We started towards the kitchen.

As we took the corner in the hallway on our way to the kitchen, we heard fighting noises coming from Asmodeus's room.

"Wait," I stopped Hade from going any further, "Did you hear that?"

Hade paused, then looked at Adonis, "That sounds like lord Asmodeus and..."

He trailed off.

"And what?" I asked.

"And...A-Asher," he stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering?"

"Because...it sounds like..."

"You know what, Imma check, just to make sure nothing weird is happening."

Hade stared at me as if he was trying to decide whether I was brave or just an idiot.

"What?"

"Are you that clueless?" he asked, surprise written on his face, "They might be ready to kill each other! Leave them."

That gave me another reason on why I should go in to see what those idiots were doing. Disregarding Hade's warnings, I walked in, weapons raised and everything.

What I saw shocked me to the core.

"Wh-what the hell are you guys doing?!"