Chapter 14: Mysteries

I'm changing the update sched a bit. Now it's gonna be whenever I feel like it cus I'm a lazy ass
—________

I was surprised when the once-calm queen of elves, Lemora, spoke in such a way.

What's going on?!

I forced a calm expression before walking into the room and asking, "Your majesty, please explain what's going on. Your son should be in his room."

Lemora started fuming, her face was red with anger.

"Hell if I know! You...you must have done something!"

Seeing my confused expression, the queen seemed to calm down just enough to be able to continue.

"Do you...really not know anything?" she asked.

I shook my head, more confusion piling up on my face.

"...this morning," Lemora started, "and I apologize for not notifying anyone of my sudden leave from this chamber," she cut herself off temporarily, "I went to where my son was sleeping because I felt something was off."

I nodded along as she explained, "Do you know how strong a women--especially a mothers intuition is?"

I nodded. This will take forever, I thought.

"Well...I told my husband I would be going and...when I got into his room, he wasn't there."

She started this long explanation of events that happened, but to sum it up, apparently her son just up and disappeared and she thought that we kidnapped him or something.

Now, I'm a nice person who would never do something like that, so I offered my help in finding him.

After some hesitation, she agreed.

When we got to her sons room, he was there.

What a waste of time, I thought, as Lemora exclaimed her sons name and ran towards him, arms open and everything.

Though it's kind of weird, I thought, why did she wake up in the middle of the night? And why was her son not there?

I disregarded these thoughts after pondering on them for a while. There was no point in thinking about things like this. It was a waste of time. What happened had already happened, and there was no going back.

Before walking out of the room, I heard the child say, "I did what you asked mommy."

Strange.