Chapter 20: Poisoned (PT. 1)

I had managed to somehow push Hade out of underneath the bed after confirming that the people outside were gone.

"Phew," I sighed, "You're damn heavy."

"Nng," Hade moaned in return.

I sighed once again. I was about to leave Hade to sleep when I noticed something strange. Hade's face was unusually flushed even after sleeping.

I closed the door, locked it and stepped forward to get a closer look when I realized what looked wrong. There seemed to be something underneath his shirt that was glowing.

Out of curiosity, I cautiously lifted Hade's shirt, revealing finely tuned abs and a small, circular birthmark on the lower left part of his abdomen. There were way too many scars on Hade's body for me to take one look and know how many there were.

This is why I'm glad that I didn't end up being a hero.

Something else caught my attention. It was an object that was nearly microscopic but big enough to look out  of place, plus it was glowing which, in a semi-dark room, was hard to miss. I touched the strange object that was sitting on Hade's chest and to my surprise, it started glowing even brighter. I leaned in closer to get a better look and realized there were green, thread-like lines going outwards from the object as if something was being injected into him.

Strange.

I touched the object. In response, Hade frowned. I touched it again, and Hade's frown deepened. As I was getting ready to touch it again, Hade suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

"!!"

Hade's eyes finally shot open, but he chose to do so in the worst possible moment.

"I-It's not what you think," I tried to explain.

Hade made an annoyed face, "Whatever you were doing, stop."

My eyes widened and I stared at Hade for a bit.

What the hell...he's acting so OOC.

"Sure, but I hope you know that I was only trying to help," I forced an irritated smile onto my face, "Care to elaborate?" I asked.

"Tch," Hade flicked his tongue.

My confusion intensified, "What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like that?!"

Hade just shook his head and got up, "Sorry," he apologized, "My brain wasn't working. I'm usually cranky after I wake up. And the thing you touched, it's supposed to be there. Did you forget?"

"What? What did I forget?"

"You- you actually forgot such an important detail of the story." Hade shook his head.

Just minutes ago he had been acting all flirty with me, what was wrong with him??

"Yes, I did forget, so will you explain?"

Hade cracked a smile, "Sure."

"Just what do you find so funny?" I questioned.

"It's just that...one of the members in my future harem was supposed to discover this, not you. I'm not mad though. I'm actually glad it was you. That harem member performs a small surgery to take it out and viola! there! She falls in love with me. Isn't that just great?" Hade said with hinted sarcasm.

I put my hand on my head, "Does this mean that I'll fall in love with you now that  have discovered it?"

"Who knows, I know I have," Hade gave a sheepish smile as he shrugged.

I felt like slapping him then and there

_____________________________________________

UH UM EHE

ik ik shitty stopping point sorry i wanted this ch to be longer too but ahem......6.6k views scared me so im gonna update now and yes nothing makes sense cus this ch is supposed to be longer

:D