XIII: The King's Vengeance

It was sunrise in Edinburgh. For William, the previous night was one of the happiest nights of his life. He adopted a new son, which was a ray of light during Scotland's dark times. However, his newfound joy and celebration was short lived.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Toph, who had vocally objected to William's decision to not immediately do something about the situation in Glasgow, snuck out about an hour before sunrise. She planned on getting rid of the soldiers in Glasgow on her own.

After sunrise, everyone began waking up. They all went downstairs to eat breakfast. It wasn't until most people had finished before someone noticed Toph was missing.

"Something's not right", Aang said as he got up from the table.

"What do you mean?", Christian asked.

"Oh. No, not you boy. I think someone's missing."

"I think you're just missing the kids too much.", Katara said.

"I do. But that's not it..."

"Wait...where's mother?", William Jr asked.

"Yeah...Where's Toph?", Sokka asked.

"She always sleeps in. I'll go wake her.", William said.

"How do you know mother sleeps in?", Suyin asked.

"I married her. I've always known. Found out long before you were born."

"Oh. Right."

William checked Toph's room which was empty. He came back downstairs and said, "She's not upstairs."

"Maybe she ran away-", Morrison said before immediately covering his mouth.

William now knew that he knew something. He walked up to him. "What did she tell you?", he asked in a demanding way.

"Well sir, she told me not to tell you, but in the middle of the night, I was up going to the bathroom when I ran into her in the hall. I asked where she was going and she said it wasn't my business. She also said it was none of yours. I swear it. That's all she said."

"Sounds like she's mad about something.", Robert said.

"That's ridiculous", William said. "There wasn't anything that could've...unless...oh no."

It took a minute before everyone figured out where Toph was going. They immediately grabbed weapons and horses and rode as fast they could towards Glasgow. Christian asked if he could come, but William declined and had him stay at the castle.

It was a one day ride to Glasgow and during that time, Toph made it there. She immediately noticed the soldiers, being that she could sense it, but they surprised her when one of them quickly put metalbender handcuffs on her. She was dragged to the ruins of a barn where the soldiers prepared to rape and kill her the same way it happened to everyone else.

"This is my lucky day. I've never seen the breasts of a queen before.", one soldier said.

Before he was about to rip her uniform off, he remembered the fifth stage. He then went to the town hall to grab a rope that would be used for the hanging. He made the mistake of leaving her alone while he was gone. Toph may have been handcuffed, but he clearly didn't remember that she invented metalbending. She calmly focused for a few seconds, and then bent the cuffs off of her, got up, and escaped undetected.

The next morning, William and everyone else, which included the Gaang, the MacKay children, the Kyoshi Warriors the Freedom Fighters, and a few men from Clan MacKay, were roughly a mile outside Glasgow when they encountered a soldier. William immediately grabbed him and said, "Where is she?"

"Who?", the soldier said trying to play dumb.

"My wife! The queen! Toph Beifong! Where is she?!"

"...You're too late. What's done is done.", the soldier said with a evil look on his face.

Even though it was a lie meant to scare them, they all believed it. Tears filled William's eyes followed by the eyes of his children. Then, enraged, he put the soldier against a tree. He then took out a knife and slit the soldier's throat, killing him.

Everyone then rode to Glasgow. It was occupied by about 50 soldiers. There were 100 at one point, but the rest went back to London with the stolen coins and valuables. William slowly rode towards the town hall, appearing to be unarmed. Everyone else stayed hidden. The noble and the soldiers saw him and didn't think of him as a threat.

William put his hands behind his head, making the soldiers believe he was surrendering. As one soldier grabbed his horse, William pulled out a small sword hidden behind his back and swung it at him, decapitating him.

He then got off his horse and solely killed a few more soldiers that came at him. One he killed plunging the sword into his throat and another by throwing it at him, as it landed in his chest.

After more soldiers came charging towards him, the Gaang and everyone else came out from their hiding places and charged towards the soldiers. They defeated them every way possible. Aang mainly used airbending, Katara waterbending, Haru earthbending, and everyone else used swords, spears, battle axes, and even a sledgehammer.

After the noble ordered it, two archers on the roof of the town hall began firing arrows at everyone. William snuck around back, climbed to the roof, and killed them by throwing them off the roof and onto the town hall's stone entrance.

After killing guards at the entrance, the clansmen of the group went into the town hall and killed one more soldier before dragging the noble outside. William pushed him against the wall and killed him by stabbing him in the heart with his knife.

With the noble and all the soldiers dead, Glasgow, and the rest of the MacDougell province once again belonged to Scotland. They yelled in celebration of their victory, but on the way back to Edinburgh, everyone went silent and hardly spoke, still thinking that Toph was dead.