Filming

September 12, 2016

That morning, Dawa had drunk 4 cups of tea in less than two hours. All caffeinated, black tea. Jungkook had noticed this unhealthy situation when walked by Dawa more than a couple of times, trying to get ready himself. He tilted his head as he got ready to converse with his very hyper and jittery older member. 

"Hyung, I think that's good for the morning." He spoke as gently as possible slowly taking the cup away. "Did you get any sleep last night?" 

"No...I stayed up working on the album cover. But it's finished so I don't have to worry about that anymore." He mumbled as his leg started bouncing up and down. They were sitting in the loving room waiting for the rest of the members to be ready. One of the managers would come by to pick them up.

A few moments of silence passed between them before Jungkook spoke again. "Are you nervous about the filming?" 

Dawa whipped his head to Jungkook, eyebrows raised in shock. Jungkook's face was crinkled up with worry as he saw the fear in Dawa's eyes. He didn't know what to say or do, what was he supposed to do? When the other members were upset, it was clear that they were so Jungkook learned how to comfort them. But the only time Dawa got visibly upset was that one year on his birthday. And Jungkook didn't really get to try and comfort him then. 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you worried with my insignificant problems. I'm okay really. Besides, it's not like I ever have a goodnight's sleep. So, don't worry about m-" Dawa started explaining. He was nervous about the filming, but what made him freak out was the fact that his nervousness was showing. He didn't want to make anyone worried. And Jungkook was there giving him those big, sad puppy eyes. 

Right as Dawa started explaining himself, Jungkook felt a wave of sadness rush to him. Because now, Dawa was closing back up again. He saw in the facial expressions and in the eyes, the windows to Dawa was closing again. 

"No, hyung. It's okay..." Jungkook was thinking on his feet. He was saying anything to not let the windows close on him. "You know what? I'm not that worried. You're Dawa Anderson! You're good at literally anything you do. So you might be nervous and worried now, and that's okay, but I'm not. Because I know you're going to ace it."  

Jungkook smiled his little bunny smile and Dawa didn't know how to respond. He knew that what Jungkook just said was not the truth but rather something to comfort him. But he liked it and it warmed him up inside. 

"Thank Kook." He mumbled, just as Namjoon and Jimin walked in with the rest of the guys behind them. 

"Dawa, no more tea for you. Let's go guys." Namjoon ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And cut!" The director walked over to Dawa and patted him on the back. "That was great kid." He had a toothpick in between his lips and sunglasses on even though it was no where near sunny. "But remember, you're a storyteller. No, scratch that, because what you are right now is a storyteller. When these cameras turn back on, I need you to be in the story, be the character in the story. You understand?" Dawa nodded not saying anything because what could he say? 

"I don't think you understand...Okay. This is your story. You wrote the song, no?" Dawa nodded again. He was afraid that if he spoke he might not be able to control the shakiness in his voice. "So only you know what this is about, but if you want to share it your fans and the public, this music will do that. Your only job is to channel whatever it was you were feeling when you wrote the song and let the rest of the world feel it too." Dawa understood what the guy wanted him to do, he just didn't know how. It was a lot easier when he was with the other members because he could sort of just imitate them. But this right here, this was supposed to be all him.