4- Not in Denial

Tom♡- hey whats up ;)
Me- hey, not much. what about u?
Tom♡- just chilling with Sof.

I gulped, hoping that Sofia would keep her mouth shut about my crush on Tom.

Me- then why are u texting me?
Tom♡- ah you know, my sister is boring. she's ranting about this one girl in her book club who always gets on her nerves.
Me- okay..but your sister is my best friend and only i have the right to call her boring, so you might as well back off on that Tommy ;)
Tom♡- haha you're pretty sly.   anyway, talk to you later, love <3

Did he just send me a heart?

Me- okay loser. bye ;)
Read 3:46

I put my phone down and walked to the kitchen. I had some school work to finish up so I decided to hang out with Sofia later in the evening.
I finished my chemistry homework and had nothing to do anymore. I could just go over to the Holland's but i didn't want to interrupt Sof and Tom's sibling bonding session. So I put on 'Riverdale' on Netflix and started munching on some cookies.
"Hey hon, your mum and I are going out for some time." I heard my dad say as my parents made their way into the living room.
"Oh okay. Have fun." I replied, still engrossed in the show.
"We will." dad said with a little chuckle.
"Honey, be safe and go over to the Holland's if you need anything. Don't let strangers in." mum warned me.
"Don't worry mum. I'm 17, i can take care of myself." I told her.
"I know baby. I just get worried." Mum said with a pout.
"Haha she'll be fine darling. Let's get going now, shall we?" my dad said.

They were such a perfect couple. I wanted a relationship just like theirs. Highschool sweethearts, getting married, having kids and growing old together. The highschool sweethearts part seemed a little impossible because i was already in my senior year and had dated noybody, yet. I was crushing so hard on Tom, I didn't really notice anyone else. And besides most of the boys at school looked like crap and were worse on the inside.

"Bye you guys. Love you." I said as my parents head out.
"Love you too baby." my parents replied.

After bingeing Riverdale for another hour or so, I decided to go hang out with Sofia.
I quickly got out of the shorts i was wearing and put on a pair of sweatpants and a tie-dye sweatshirt.
I head to the Holland's house.

I was greeted by Paddy who I hadn't seen in quite a while. We hugged each other and i went inside.
"So Padsters, how've you been? Heard you were dating Natalie." I said as Sofia came into the room, Paddy sitting beside me.
"Uh..yeah. We've been on a couple of dates. I really like her. She's coming over for dinner today." He said, blushing.
"Aw you really like her, dont ya?" I asked. Sofia smirked.
"Ye-yeah i do. I like her, a lot." Paddy said, turning as red as a tomato.
"Aww Padsters, you're so cute." Sofia said with a small chuckle.
Both of us returned it.

"So any update on your crush on Tom?" Sofia asked as we head to her room.
"Uhm no not really. It's as it was yesterday." I replied, thinking whether i should tell her about the hang out session with Tom or the texts.
"Well let me know if something happens. I'm rooting for you two." she said, nodding her head.
"Hm I know." I said, nodding my head and blushing a little.

We spent rest of the evening hanging out and playing games. Nikki invited me to join them for dinner. I would be very stupid to pass up an opportunity to eat Nikki's famous roast chicken, so I said yes.
Natalie was over for dinner as well. Paddy and Nat officially announced their relationship. Sam was not late at teasing them but did not make too many sexual jokes.

"You and Paddy huh?" I asked as Nat and I strolled in the backyard.

It was almost February. Winter's chilly frost air was still there, but instead of freezing us, it felt pleasant.

"Yeah." Nat replied, shyly.
"I guess we've liked each other all this time. Just took a little while to realise it."
"Yeah I get it."

I didn't actually get it.

"What's up with you and Tom?" Natalie asked.
"Um just the normal stuff. Awkward hi's and all that. Nothing interesting."

Natalie knew that I was not in denial about liking Tom anymore. She was now, just observing, as she said.

"Hm i get a feeling that you two will be lovebirds in no time." she said with a smirk.
"Ugh Nat, dont give me false hope." I laughed. Natalie returned it.

Tom's P.O.V

I texted Y/n today. We talked a little, nothing too intense. She later came over for dinner, mostly hanging out with Sofia, Natalie and Paddy. I wanted to talk to her a but she was too distracted. I didn't want to interrupt her party with her friends.

Ever since last year, I've felt that Y/n maybe had feelings for me. I might be totally wrong, which I probably am but i dont know. My guts tell me that she likes me.

I on the other hand, dont like her as anything more than a friend. I mean, I've caught her looking at me, showing an unusual amount of interest in me. So I'm just assuming that she likes me. I could just ask Sof but I dont wanna seem like I like her.

It's kinda fucked up. Hell, life's fucked up.