19- Us

Y/n's P.O.V

I thought about the kiss. About everything that's been happening between me and Tom and I knew that I couldn't be happy if I wasn't with him. I couldn't be happy if I didn't feel his touch, if I didn't listen to him talk, if I couldn't feel his breath on my skin before kissing him. Just staying friends was a stupid decision to make when we both knew that we couldn't be just friends.
What Tom and I had, it was special. It wasn't just some high school fling. It was so much more than that. Well, atleast not yet, but it could be deeper and more meaningful than anything else I'd ever experienced.

I wasn't ready to let him go. I wouldn't let him go.

I went into the backyard and saw Tom and Nikki hugging. I silently stood at the door, smiling at the sight. Tom loved his family so much and always put them first. That's what made him him.
Nikki whispered something into Tom's ear, making him nod. She walked towards the door where I was standing, giving me a reassuring smile and then heading inside.

"Hey." Tom said as I walked up to him.
"Hi."
"So, now what?" he asked.
"I've been thinking..." I pasued,"...and I think that we can never be friends."
"Wh-What. Y/n wh-why would you say that." Tom said. He was so cute when worried.
"You didn't let me finish." I chuckled,"I think we can never be friends because we don't see each other as friends. Not anymore. Tom, both of us want more from whatever we are and I reckon we should go for it." I said, sighing and letting out a small chuckle.
"Y-You mean, w-we should gi-give us a chance?" Tom's eyes widened.
"Yes!" I exclaimed.

Tom picked me up and twirled me around. I squealed. The smile on his face was all I needed. I finally got the happiness I was craving for, for so many months, rather years.
Tom put me down and leaned in to kiss me. I returned the kiss almost immediately.
"Haha, I can't believe this. I can't believe we're finally together." Tom said, still smiling.
"I can." I laughed.

We went inside the house, our hands intertwined. Everyone looked at us with a confused expression. Then their eyes went to our hands. They looked back up. Tom and I nodded indicating that all the assumptions they had were true. Everyone's face lit up. I could tell that all of them were happy for us.

This was all I needed.